The Student Room Group

BA Social Work applications 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Anyone been to an interview at York yet? I have had an invitation to an interview in Feb. Really excited but nervous. Just wondering what to expect? What did it entail? How was it?
Reply 61
Original post by sharkerobe95
Anyone been to an interview at York yet? I have had an invitation to an interview in Feb. Really excited but nervous. Just wondering what to expect? What did it entail? How was it?

It's not that bad, you have a written test of a case study, an interview which you will really need to read one of the articles they send you, then two group interviews which you just need to be confident in and then a Q&A with the admissions tutors about the course. All of it is fine, but make sure you know where you are going as the building can be hard to find on the day and also you will want to bring notes to read over as you will most likely have lots of time waiting around!
If you have any other questions just ask! x
Original post by mb31827
It's not that bad, you have a written test of a case study, an interview which you will really need to read one of the articles they send you, then two group interviews which you just need to be confident in and then a Q&A with the admissions tutors about the course. All of it is fine, but make sure you know where you are going as the building can be hard to find on the day and also you will want to bring notes to read over as you will most likely have lots of time waiting around!
If you have any other questions just ask! x

Thank you for your reply. So I should be sent articles before hand in order to prepare? This is handy to know. ...were the group interviews very formal or like a general discussion? sorry about all the questions! Really appreciate any advice :smile: x
Reply 63
Original post by sharkerobe95
Thank you for your reply. So I should be sent articles before hand in order to prepare? This is handy to know. ...were the group interviews very formal or like a general discussion? sorry about all the questions! Really appreciate any advice :smile: x

Yes when they will send you an email with details of the day and you can pick form three, the group interviews, are are not formal one is a chat with two service users and the other is a case study task with the admissions tutor so you just need to work well with your group to come up with ideas.
Has anyone been refused a place based on the fact they are still currently studying for one one of the requirements. I'm really disapoibted right now 😔
Reply 65
Original post by n.moore07
Has anyone been refuysed a place based on the fact they are still currently studying for one one of the requirements. I'm really disapoibted right now 😔

What university was this? And what are you studying now? I’m really sorry but I’m sure you will get another one ! x
bcu. I'm studying function skills maths with access students. i have all other entry requirements and didnt need to do the whole access course as i have an Open University qualifactions that are on the entry requirements list. but iv been told if your doing an access course you can get in on predicted results. so I'm so confused right now. feel really deflated. it was my first choice one too.
I know, it's really frustrating when you fee you've done all that you can and still can't seem to get a break. All I can say is hang in there! I've still not been accepted onto SW so can't offer any advice, but just be aware that the majority of people are in the same boat in one way or another, and we just need to be persistent.
Good luck for your other choices tho! Still in with a chance!!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi all

I am A student ambassador for Bournemouth University

if anyone has any questions on the application process for BA Social Work feel free to ask !
Has anyone had an offer from Keele yet? I had an interview on the 14th December but heard nothing. I’ve had offers from Dundee and Kingston - anyone else?
Reply 70
Applied to UWS and Glasgow Caledonian for 1st and 2nd year entry. Still waiting on news.
Original post by elrond
Applied to UWS and Glasgow Caledonian for 1st and 2nd year entry. Still waiting on news.

Ooooh, I applied for year 2 too!! When did you submit your ucas application? Mine was on 15th Jan x
Reply 72
hi. I submitted mine on december 23rd. where else have you applied?😁
Reply 73
Original post by EveeyBean
Got an interview at Keele! So far so good!

Hi how was the interview at Keele?
Has anybody had an interview for Anglia Ruskin?
Original post by Fizzie1
Has anyone applied for and heard back from Bournemouth Uni for an interview at all?

Hi there!
My name is Alice and I'm a first year student at Bournemouth University so feel free to ask me any questions that you may have!
Alice
Reply 76
Original post by n.moore07
bcu. I'm studying function skills maths with access students. i have all other entry requirements and didnt need to do the whole access course as i have an Open University qualifactions that are on the entry requirements list. but iv been told if your doing an access course you can get in on predicted results. so I'm so confused right now. feel really deflated. it was my first choice one too.

hey, I'm doing an access course and have been offered places at unis to do social work :/ that doesn't make sense. did you contact the uni and ask?
Hi I really want to become a social worker what a levels did you take? Thanks
If you really want to go into Social Work then I suggest taking a levels relevant to the sector or a BTEC level 3 in health and social care which is what I took and I've got offers from Bath and Nottingham :smile:
Original post by Lukem14
Hi I really want to become a social worker what a levels did you take? Thanks
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest