The Student Room Group

False claims of transfer

When applying to my uni, myself and several other student were told first hand from admissions that if we receive above 60% at the end of first year of biomedical science we would be offered an interview to transfer to their medical school, this fact then pushed us to accept their offer. Now half way through the first year, the uni is saying this is false and you can only transfer after second or third year. Can I state a claim for them to allow transfers after first year as we were first told?
Do you have it in writing that they told you you could transfer in 1st year?
Original post by Wallana
When applying to my uni, myself and several other student were told first hand from admissions that if we receive above 60% at the end of first year of biomedical science we would be offered an interview to transfer to their medical school, this fact then pushed us to accept their offer. Now half way through the first year, the uni is saying this is false and you can only transfer after second or third year. Can I state a claim for them to allow transfers after first year as we were first told?

Like @DrawTheLine says, was there any physical copy of this information provided? That would make it much easier to claim if you have evidence that you can actually present and show that it is a false claim.

Story time in spoiler below.

Spoiler

Original post by Wallana

Yep, as has been said, you'd 100% need this in writing for anything to be done about it.

Also, pretty unfortunate situation you find yourself in, but I'm just curious about a couple things.
60% is incredibly low and given that the majority of those who do Biomed are those who failed to get into med first time round, surely most of the course would get an interview. This would be the first thought as soon as they told me; after this I'd be asking for Freedom of Information stats, like how many of these interviewees actually get a place.
As sorry as I am, if you accepted your place based on that piece of information from admissions then that lacks a lot of forethought. Did you not probe them about anything else about the process?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending