The Student Room Group

Laura draws (with varying success)

Helllooooooo :hello:
ummm yeah, going to try and draw little bit every day because i didn't take it for GCSE (even though i love drawing i'm not up to that standard) and i really miss it!
i hope to re-kindle my love for drawing and doodles :gah:

(first update will be vaguely soon (sometime today :ninja:))

Scroll to see replies

ooh, looking forward to seeing some of your drawings :smile:
I didn't do art for gcse either :tongue: (I must admit I did graphic design but that didn't exactly enhance any of my drawining skills)
Day #1

oml it took so long to upload! and the light are yellow in our house, so excuse the yellow lighting on most of my pics :smile:

I'm kinda pleased with how it turned out - considering i haven't drawn in at least 6 months! :biggrin:
I started timidly drawing with pencil but soon gave up and just went straight for it in a black fine-liner - maybe not the most sensible thing to do, but oh well :lol:

Please tell me if you want to be tagged/don't want to be tagged!
Original post by laurawatt
Day #1

oml it took so long to upload! and the light are yellow in our house, so excuse the yellow lighting on most of my pics :smile:

I'm kinda pleased with how it turned out - considering i haven't drawn in at least 6 months! :biggrin:
I started timidly drawing with pencil but soon gave up and just went straight for it in a black fine-liner - maybe not the most sensible thing to do, but oh well :lol:

I love it! Makes me feel a bit warmer after a wintery weekend.
Day #1

this is the cutest drawing ever omg LAURA
Day #1

Love it !:heart:
I'd like you to tag me, please.
It gives a wintery cottage feel to it.:h:
Day #1

****, thats really good, I like drawing as well but im jsut really lazy, ur challenge has inspired me as well, maybe ill take this up as well
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
this is the cutest drawing ever omg LAURA

haha thanks cheese :hugs: :heart:
pls tag if you do decide to start your own drawing thread :ninja:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I love it! Makes me feel a bit warmer after a wintery weekend.

:woo: yay!

Original post by donut_mckenzie28
Love it !:heart:
I'd like you to tag me, please.
It gives a wintery cottage feel to it.:h:

thank you!
are you going to start one?
will (try to) remember this :yep: :laugh:

Original post by Juvilation
****, thats really good, I like drawing as well but im jsut really lazy, ur challenge has inspired me as well, maybe ill take this up as well

thanks! but it only took about 20 minutes? i think... :dontknow:
:woo: if you do start a thread pretty please can you tag me :h:
Day #1

PRSOM :frown:
This is srsly insane :shock: Its soooooo good :love:
you’re so good at art!
Day #2
Not even going to pretend that i'm happy with this:

Went in too quickly with pen (eg. i didn't plan it out beforehand in pencil) and consequently it looks shocking!
I was going to redo it, but the whole point of this (for me anyway) is to improve as artist, and if it means making mistakes on the way, then i'm not going to hide them!

Thank you all for your support on my first picture! You're all amazing! :grouphugs: :rave:
Please just say if you don't want to be tagged/do want to be tagged :biggrin:
Day #2

Went in too quickly with pen (eg. i didn't plan it out beforehand in pencil) and consequently it looks shocking!
I was going to redo it, but the whole point of this (for me anyway) is to improve as artist, and if it means making mistakes on the way, then i'm not going to hide them!

Thank you all for your support on my first picture! You're all amazing! :grouphugs: :rave:

That is great Laura! The branches are amazing. You have got to teach me how to draw basic branches:smile:.Literally, i am trying to find time to draw and upload my drawings.
Day #2

I like it! I don't think the branches are bad at all :nah: The subtle moon shape is cool too :smile:
Day #2

Looks great to me! :biggrin: But fair play for uploading it in spite of not being happy with it, I hope that you're more happy with your next one. :yep:
Original post by donut_mckenzie28
That is great Laura! The branches are amazing. You have got to teach me how to draw basic branches:smile:.Literally, i am trying to find time to draw and upload my drawings.

:biggrin: i just draw two lines and shade them in :dontknow: :smile:
i have to upload mine onto Pinterest before TSR will let me upload them, so it's a bit of a faff if someone is using the computer...
I do it as soon as i get home so i can't get distracted!
i love your handwriting?! :smile:
The fact that ur not happy with it and thats 16486x better than I could ever do :tongue:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Day #2

better than anything that I can do
Day #3

Very pleased with this (even if it did take an hour and a half!)
I'm usually pretty rubbish at drawing full people, and i kinda ruined the left eye!
(edited 6 years ago)
Day #3

Very pleased with this (even if it did take and hour and a half!)
I'm usually pretty rubbish at drawing full people, and i kinda ruined the left eye!

Another great one! I love the eyebrows. :coma:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending