The Student Room Group

WHICH Apprenticeship should i choose TFL OR SANTANDER

hi
isantander digital apprenticeship online test, cv check, phone interview and assessment enter.

my question is basically if you were in the same position interested in the IT Field and you were chosen to be an apprentice for TFL OR SANTANDER Both huge company which would you choose and why? and which should i choose. the pros for both are listed below

TFL
-17-19K SALARY
-LEVEL 3 qualification IN COMPUTER TECHNICIAN
-location is LONDON(i live here too)
-perusing a career i love
-free travel across the whole of TFL network for me and 1 family member (which would mean my commute to work would be free thus saving £££££)
- being apart of a great company

SANTANDER
-18k salary
-DEGREE PAID level 6 apprenticeship in digital technology meaning im debt free
-location Milton Keynes(about 50 miles away, driving would cost a lot and train would cost 500£ a month or moving there and paying rent)
-being apart of a huge financial company
-work 4 days study 1 day for the degree
-santander car scheme which gives u cheaper finance on a car
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by hamzzzchow
HELLO

i have applied for various apprenticeship programs for many months and i have come to the last stages of 2 apprenticeship company. TFL apprenticeship in computers/IT consisted of doing 2 online test, if you pass you then do a video interview and if they like your video interview then they shortlist you and process you onto the last stage of going to the assessment center and doing more test, interviews etc it has been a long ride with tfl and very hard questions but i have successfully passed and onto the last stage of going to the assessment center.

its the same for santander digital apprenticeship online test, cv check, phone interview and assessment enter.

my question is basically if you were in the same position interested in the IT Field and you were chosen to be an apprentice for TFL OR SANTANDER Both huge company which would you choose and why? and which should i choose. the pros for both are listed below

TFL
-17-19K SALARY
-LEVEL 3 qualification IN COMPUTER TECHNICIAN
-location is LONDON(i live here too)
-perusing a career i love
-free travel across the whole of TFL network for me and 1 family member (which would mean my commute to work would be free thus saving £££££)
- being apart of a great company

SANTANDER
-18k salary
-DEGREE PAID level 6 apprenticeship in digital technology meaning im debt free
-location Milton Keynes(about 50 miles away, driving would cost a lot and train would cost 500£ a month or moving there and paying rent)
-being apart of a huge financial company
-work 4 days study 1 day for the degree
-santander car scheme which gives u cheaper finance on a car

Why does TFL saying pursue a career you love and Santander doesnt?
Do you want a degree or not? That will save you £30k.
You seem to want TFL.

TBF I would wait till I had one both test centres and got the job offers because its a choice you do not have to make yet. You are assuming you get offered both and imo the most difficult stage will be the assessment centre. Yu might get offered both, one or neither.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Why does TFL saying pursue a career you love and Santander doesnt?
Do you want a degree or not? That will save you £30k.
You seem to want TFL.

TBF I would wait till I had one both test centres and got the job offers because its a choice you do not have to make yet. You are assuming you get offered both and imo the most difficult stage will be the assessment centre. Yu might get offered both, one or neither.

Yes thankyou im making asumpsitions early so i can plan ahead. If not chosen i will have to go to plan b which is uni🤪
Original post by hamzzzchow
Yes thankyou im making asumpsitions early so i can plan ahead. If not chosen i will have to go to plan b which is uni🤪

My point is events often make the decision for you.
Reply 4
how do u PM you
Reply 5
When will TSR ever decide to auto lock threads when nothing has been posted for a month, let alone a year?

Guess we will never find out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending