The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster 2018 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz
Do you mind if I add you on sc?

not at all man, good to be in touch with people who also got in
Hey! As far as A-Levels go, there isn't really an 'easy' A Level. I mean, it is Harris, after all. It's really hard to drop an A Level unless you're being predicted a low grade in it.

However, if you want something that you can focus less on, I would recommend that you take a subject that you have a passing interest in. I would advise against any of these, however;

- Art
- Biology
- Drama
- Music
- Philosophy*
- English Literature*

... as these subjects are quite content heavy and work intensive; especially the ones marked (*), as they are Pre-U subjects.

Right, I had heard that Harris uses the hardest exam boards for each subject, by ‘easy’ I guess I meant easy compared to other A-levels.

What about economics? I’ve thought about that one and I think it would seem interesting, as well as psychology, though subjects which involve a lot of essay writing I’d usually like to avoid and I’m not sure what they’re like...
Original post by NotYourAuntCarol
Right, I had heard that Harris uses the hardest exam boards for each subject, by ‘easy’ I guess I meant easy compared to other A-levels.

What about economics? I’ve thought about that one and I think it would seem interesting, as well as psychology, though subjects which involve a lot of essay writing I’d usually like to avoid and I’m not sure what they’re like...

Harris does psychology? I didn't see that on the website...

Economics isn't too bad if you can do the maths. I wanted to do it but switched to Philosophy after I found out you needed a 7 in Maths to do it.

Economics isn't too bad if you can do the maths. I wanted to do it but switched to Philosophy after I found out you needed a 7 in Maths to do it.

You will probs get a 7 lol
Original post by tedgfbtebfetedfb
You will probs get a 7 lol

No, I won't XD I suck at Maths... in my last mock I got a 4

To be honest I hadn’t checked, haha, it was a passing thought. I’ll consider economics then
Hi there :smile:

How are you feeling about your final score?

I'm feeling ok with it, I thankful that I got in because others have applied and were not successful.
Original post by CaribbeanScholar
I'm feeling ok with it, I thankful that I got in because others have applied and were not successful.

That's amazing! Hopefully you gain the grades to get in!
Yeah my predicted grades are mainly 7s anyway and my best subjects are maths and the sciences so fingers crossed
Just checked that course guide thing. It says they do OCR A for Maths and Further maths for 2018-2020.
No coursework :biggrin:
Seems that everyone has sleeping in common... that's a great plus :biggrin:
I remember that lol. I wonder what she was doing with a school like Harris; if she thought she was so good lol. She's been banned, hasn't she?

i believe so.
Seems that everyone has sleeping in common... that's a great plus :biggrin:

Well that just sounds wrong...

OMG I literally just clocked... I need to stop embarrassing myself on this thread :s-smilie:

Dirty minded guy😂
How do they calculate the predictions? Are they from GCSE grades?

over tests throughout year 12
Original post by fiddletrio
over tests throughout year 12

OK. I wanna get at least ABB as a predicted result, so I'm really gonna try and burn through the first two months.
Original post by freddiesehgal02
freddiesehgal

what's yours?

I've added u
OK. I wanna get at least ABB as a predicted result, so I'm really gonna try and burn through the first two months.

You know in those videos you shared yesterday?
One of the pieces of advice they gave was to suck up to teachers.
How do you think that's going to go down for you?😁😂

I need A*AA/ D1,D2,D3(pre Us) fml

Quick Reply

Latest