The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster 2018 Offer Holders

Hey guys!

I’ve made this thread for all those who received an offer for a place at Harris Westminster Sixth Form for September 2018. Now that the applicants process is over, maybe we can get to know each other a little bit more!

So if you want to, please feel obliged to enter the following below:

Name:
Test + interview score:
Age/birthday:
Interests:
Other places applied to:

Thanks very much!

Scroll to see replies

Name: Maanya
Subjects studying: Music, Philosophy, Art History, Core maths, EPQ
Test + interview score: 540
Age/birthday: 16 (10th October)
Interests: Music, Sanskrit, etymology, philosophy/ethics, animal rights
Other places applied to: Westminster School, Wimbledon High, LEH
Higher education choices: Either both Sanskrit and religion in Oxford or music in Oxford, or backup is joint honours Sanskrit and Music in SOAS.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by fiddletrio
Name: Maanya
Subjects studying: Music, Philosophy, Art History, Core maths, EPQ
Test + interview score: 540
Age/birthday: 16 (10th October)
Interests: Music, Sanskrit, etymology, philosophy/ethics, animal rights
Other places applied to: Westminster School, Wimbledon High, LEH
Higer education choices: Either both Sanskrit and religion in Oxford or music in Oxford, or backup is joint honours Sanskrit and Music in SOAS.

Oh yeah, thanks for that last one :smile:
Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz
Hey guys!

I’ve made this thread for all those who received an offer for a place at Harris Westminster Sixth Form for September 2018. Now that the applicants process is over, maybe we can get to know each other a little bit more!

So if you want to, please feel obliged to enter the following below:

Name:
Test + interview score:
Age/birthday:
Interests:
Other places applied to:

Thanks very much!

Hey there!
Name: tedgfbtebfetedfb
subjects studying: Double maths, Econ and physics(though might change physics to government and politics.)
Total score: 539
Birthday: 13/01/02 (16 years old)
Interest: Business, investment and trading, martial arts and swimming
Other places applied to(Holding an offer): Holland park, Harris and my current school
Further Education choices: Economics at LSE/UCL/Warwick
(edited 6 years ago)
Name: Kwabena
Subjects studying: English Literature, History, Politics, Philosophy
Test + interview score: 515
Age/birthday: 15 (30th April)
Interests: Food, drama, YouTube, reading, creative writing, music, dance, fashion
Other places applied to: City and Islington Sixth Form College, own school sixth form
Higher education choices: Law and Criminology at Birmingham OR Politics at Birmingham, Politics/Culture, Literature and Politics at UEA, Law at Brunel, Politics at Sheffield and Law at Greenwich University
Name: Ess
Subjects studying: Maths, chem, bio, physics (might change this)
Test + interview score: 535
Age/birthday: 15 (7th March :smile:)
Interests: ngl i don't think i have any interests other than eating and sleeping
Other places applied to: quite a few but none i want to REALLYY go to. i don't really have a first choice and harris seems a bit far too so a bit shaky on that
[QUOTE=:)Esss[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];76437000]Name: Ess
Subjects studying: Maths, chem, bio, physics (might change this)
Test + interview score: 535
Age/birthday: 15 (7th March :smile:)
Interests: ngl i don't think i have any interests other than eating and sleeping
Other places applied to: quite a few but none i want to REALLYY go to. i don't really have a first choice and harris seems a bit far too so a bit shaky on that

Happy birthday in advance 🍰🎂🍰🎂
Happy birthday in advance 🍰🎂🍰🎂

:smile: thanks. I have a bio and maths mock on my birthday :redface: so that's quite nice
Name: @Ihatelife2
Subjects studying: Maths, Physics, Biology and Economics(I'm not too sure about these though)
Test + interview score: 527
Age/birthday: 16
Interests: Eating, reading, sleeping, breathing, looking at memes and wasting wayyy too much time on the internet
Other places applied to: My school and an unnecessary amount of other schools
Higher education choices: I don't know if this is gonna make me sound stupid but I have no idea
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Ihatelife2
Name: @Ihatelife2
Subjects studying: Maths, Physics, Biology and Economics(I'm not too sure about these though)
Test + interview score: 527
Age/birthday: 16 (29 December)
Interests: Eating, reading, sleeping, breathing, memes and wasting wayyy too much time on the internet
Other places applied to: My school and an unnecessary amount of other schools(When I say unnecessary, I mean a LOT)
Higher education choices: I don't know if this is gonna make me sound stupid but I have no idea

Dont worry... My form tutor didnt even know what she wanted to do until she graduated uni!
Dont worry... My form tutor didnt even know what she wanted to do until she graduated uni!

I hope I make my mind up before that:biggrin:
Sorry for the late response, was just ordering some food...

Yeah just wanted to say that you all seem like very pleasant people that I would love to be friends with! I am actually not lying when I say that I go to school with some of the fakest, most disgraceful people in the world; and I think I’m in a position to say that this is a nice contrast to that. I’m definitely gonna be motivated to work hard, as I feel that our time together in sixth form is gonna be amazing, even if we’re not all in the same lessons :smile:

Did that sound too soppy? Lemme know...
Reply 12
Name: Xhess
Subjects studying: Bio,Chem,History and core maths because they changed it for me
Test + interview score: 570
Age/birthday: 15 -
Interests: Philosophy , Reading , Sports , Science
Other places applied to: Holland Park,Harris,Twyford and a few others.
Higher education choices: Don't know yet - but definitely a Russell Group Uni/Top Uni
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Xhess
Name: Xhess
Subjects studying: Bio,Chem,History and core maths because they changed it for me
Test + interview score: 580
Age/birthday: 15 - 05/06/02
Interests: Philosophy , Reading , Sports , Science
Other places applied to: Holland Park,Harris,Twyford and a few others.
Higher education choices: Don't know yet - but definitely a Russel Group Uni/Top one

Core maths is not liked by unis. This is because it looks like you are to dumb to do normal maths like everyone else even though you were forced to do it (It is basically grade 9 maths with a few more topics). You are better off changing it and sitting a full A-level in maths

Yeah just wanted to say that you all seem like very pleasant people that I would love to be friends with! I am actually not lying when I say that I go to school with some of the fakest, most disgraceful people in the world; and I think I’m in a position to say that this is a nice contrast to that. I’m definitely gonna be motivated to work hard, as I feel that our time together in sixth form is gonna be amazing, even if we’re not all in the same lessons :smile:

my g
Original post by tedgfbtebfetedfb
my g

Can you relate to this? Lol
Reply 16
Name: SaDe7
Subjects studying: Maths, Chem, Bio, Physics
Test + interview score: 568
Age/birthday:15 (March 10)
Interests:Gaming, Sports, Memes (Breathing, Eating and Sleeping are overrated who'd want that)
Other places applied to: Burlington Danes (Just those two)
Higher Education choices: Medicine at Oxford/Imperial/UCL/QMUL/Kings
Reply 17
Original post by tedgfbtebfetedfb
Core maths is not liked by unis. This is because it looks like you are to dumb to do normal maths like everyone else even though you were forced to do it (It is basically grade 9 maths with a few more topics). You are better off changing it and sitting a full A-level in maths

Okay I will do that instead -
I don't understand why they are making me do it .It's because I am doing 2 Sciences - so annoying because it takes up a choice that I could of had for something else

I think people will be less focussed on stupid, petty secondary school beef and whatnot so it's pretty unlikely that it will be full of the type of people in your current school. I'm looking forward to sixth form as well. We get to drop the subjects that we hate. That's probably one of the things I am looking forward to the most.
Original post by SaDe7
Name: SaDe7
Subjects studying: Maths, Chem, Bio, Physics
Test + interview score: 568
Age/birthday:15 (March 10)
Interests:Gaming, Sports, Memes (Breathing, Eating and Sleeping are overrated who'd want that)
Other places applied to: Burlington Danes (Just those two)
Higher Education choices: Medicine at Oxford/Imperial/UCL/QMUL/Kings

Happy birthday to you too!

Quick Reply

Latest