The Student Room Group

I'm so stuck between adult nursing and midwifery, how can i decide?

I'm in year 12 so will be applying for university very soon however, i can't decide whether i want to study adult nursing or midwifery? what is the best way to decide?
Original post by a.evans38
I'm in year 12 so will be applying for university very soon however, i can't decide whether i want to study adult nursing or midwifery? what is the best way to decide?

By getting some work experience and working out which one interests you more and what the day to day job is like.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
By getting some work experience and working out which one interests you more and what the day to day job is like.

I have to be 18 to do work experience in this field and am only 16 at the moment. I am interested in doing work experience in a care home however, i don't have any midwifery work experience that will accept me whilst i am under 18
Original post by a.evans38
I have to be 18 to do work experience in this field and am only 16 at the moment. I am interested in doing work experience in a care home however, i don't have any midwifery work experience that will accept me whilst i am under 18

Some places might take you on for some shadowing or even find out if you can talk to people in the field and find out more about what they do. Read around the subject as well. Yes care home experience is good experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending