The Student Room Group

Dropped Computer Horrible Frame Rates

Hey there,
Unfortunatly i dropped my Computer out of a height of about 30cm on solid ground. The CPU-Cooler came of, but appart from that, there was no real damage visible. i reattached the cooler (without applying paste) and started up. Everything was fine, except when i started programms, that required high graphic performance, like newer games, my framerate was horrible. The Sound was running smoothly. I checked my Sytem performance and RAM and CPU was at decent numbers. To be honest i haven't checked it in Detail before so i can't tell which numbers have changed. I noticed that the Disk performance was constantly at 100%. Im using a Radeon R9 200. Appart from the frame issues i did not find anything out of the ordinary.

Do you have any ideas on which part of the Computer might be damaged? Im not a native speaker, so don't be offended by my grammar.
Thank you
Original post by Jacandy
Hey there,
Unfortunatly i dropped my Computer out of a height of about 30cm on solid ground. The CPU-Cooler came of, but appart from that, there was no real damage visible. i reattached the cooler (without applying paste) and started up. Everything was fine, except when i started programms, that required high graphic performance, like newer games, my framerate was horrible. The Sound was running smoothly. I checked my Sytem performance and RAM and CPU was at decent numbers. To be honest i haven't checked it in Detail before so i can't tell which numbers have changed. I noticed that the Disk performance was constantly at 100%. Im using a Radeon R9 200. Appart from the frame issues i did not find anything out of the ordinary.

Do you have any ideas on which part of the Computer might be damaged? Im not a native speaker, so don't be offended by my grammar.
Thank you

Well applying new thermal paste to the cpu would be a very basic and necessary starting point, it could just be that your processor is throttling hard if it's not dissipating heat properly and it's going to be difficult ruling other things out until that's resolved.
Reply 2
I applied the paste and it is much better than before. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending