The Student Room Group

Desperate

I am now in my year 12.I had applied for ucas medicine for 2018 but got no offers for medicine. The main reasons are my predicted grades are A*(Math)A(Chem)B(Bio) and I didn't score a high mark in my UKCAT. I am reluctant to accept it and I am currently spending the most of my time studying for the coming a level exams in May and June. I really like this subject and would like to try again for 2019 entry if my a levels are good. Should I go for it?
Original post by tcotao
I am now in my year 12.I had applied for ucas medicine for 2018 but got no offers for medicine. The main reasons are my predicted grades are A*(Math)A(Chem)B(Bio) and I didn't score a high mark in my UKCAT. I am reluctant to accept it and I am currently spending the most of my time studying for the coming a level exams in May and June. I really like this subject and would like to try again for 2019 entry if my a levels are good. Should I go for it?

Yes. It depends on your results though it has to be AAA or better. No resits outside the 2 year window. the A levels are the key as everything else you can improve on. You will know when you get your results.
Original post by tcotao

I was in a similar situation to you 3 years ago where my AS levels weren't strong enough for a medicine application (although I did have the predicted grades) and my UKCAT was average at best.

If you really want to do medicine, don't give up! Right now you should try your hardest to achieve your grades and get that B in biology up to an A (at least) so you can comfortably apply to most medical schools for 2019 entry.

If you have any more questions about taking a gap year and re-applying to medicine, feel free to ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending