The Student Room Group

If there is still space on the course a few weeks after, will clearing be more lenian

Is it worth a try calling up unis a few weeks after results if there's still space on their clearing course even if my grades are below their clearing requirements or will they just leave the space empty on the course.
Reply 1
it's worth trying, especially if you're only a grade or two below. people get let in below the offer all the time. its only a phone call
Reply 2
They wont go any lower unless they are the sort of Uni that is very desperate for students.
And most Unis will have already have filled any spaces or just 'closed for Clearing'.
Reply 3
im looking at royal holloway and they have loads of spaces open for clearing but i don't meet the requirements. if i try call on the last day before it finishes will that work, or has anyone tried.
Depends how unscrupulous they are. If they are particularly desperate for bums on seats, they may well accept people with comparatively low grades. (whether you would want to go such a university becomes a concern, but you might feel it's preferable to no university place at all)
Original post by aryan01s
im looking at royal holloway and they have loads of spaces open for clearing but i don't meet the requirements. if i try call on the last day before it finishes will that work, or has anyone tried.

Royal Holloway is a bit better than the universities I was thinking of in the previous post. (but I don't know if they have any extremely-undersubscribed courses) I would call on Monday to see if they would accept you. If they don't, ask if there's any possibility this will change closer to the time. If they say no, I would recommend considering other universities. If you wait around, you risk the course vanishing from clearing, which can happen at any point, and having nowhere to go.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending