The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

we just finished out syllabus for che,istry and half of the things i dont know. Will doing past papers help? and also im really bad at calculations i can only do the straight forward maths question
Original post by Ladbants
Congrats, what do you want to do after your degree?

Pr
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Mesopotamian.
We have a professor at uni whose a Cambridge grad of natural sciences and teaches dentistry (which I find really cool but random) and he just seems to know everything there is to know about literally anything.

Are you interested in research or teaching at uni level at all?

/
I
(edited 3 years ago)
You seriously expect us to believe that?
can you give your revision routine, like exactly what you do? and how do you smartly revise? thanks
Original post by temmy234
we just finished out syllabus for che,istry and half of the things i dont know. Will doing past papers help? and also im really bad at calculations i can only do the straight forward maths question

(edited 3 years ago)
Well done for your amazing grades and Cambridge offer!
For someone in Year 10 hoping to get 8/9s in GCSEs, what advice would you give?
I'm not quite sure why you're arguing on a student based forum if you're of that age...
Reply 28
What topics do you find the hardest in your subjects?
Original post by hello654321
can you give your revision routine, like exactly what you do? and how do you smartly revise? thanks

//
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by laurawatt
Well done for your amazing grades and Cambridge offer!
For someone in Year 10 hoping to get 8/9s in GCSEs, what advice would you give?

Stay away from things like gaming and social media. Now that exam season is coming up I have deactivated all my social media accounts, though I usually only have Facebook. Make sure you sleep well and have a healthy lifestyle; being well rested and healthy is really important. Just be smart with your time and dont waste it. (Im not saying isolate yourself and dont have friends though).
thank you, good luck to you and to me hahahaha :smile: smash it :smile:
Original post by Blos
What topics do you find the hardest in your subjects?

Personally I find the immune system in AS biology really hard because it's very complicated, but what we're taught is a massive simplification and therefore has lots of gaps. Fortunately the exams don't require much understanding for this topic.
Further maths has some challenging topics: I find vectors quite hard, and matrices are a bit confusing too.
Most other topics I find quite straightforward to understand, though they do require some work to remember.
Congrats anyway. You’ll be working with some top people in the world. When you get there, you’ll probably realize how brilliant some people are. Be humble all the time.
Come back and make a thread if/when you actually get those results
Original post by Andy Lau
I got 5A*s in Triple maths, accounting and EPQ in Year 12, predicted another 3A*s in Physics, Economics and Chinese, also aiming for S,S in STEP
Got a Maths Offer.

Congrats anyway. You’ll be working with some top people in the world. When you get there, you’ll probably realize how brilliant some people are. Be humble all the time.

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 38
I find vectors hard in c4 can't even imagine what you're going through with further maths but good luck!
Can you tell me about your alevel experience?Rank your subject in order of: Difficulty EnjoymentWork load ANy regrets?And how is further maths? Overall what your fave and worst subject

Latest