The Student Room Group

Age of consent changed to 0 years old in bangladesh

The great and glorious nation of bangladesh has decided to make the legal age of marriage to 0 YEARS OLD in 'special cases'. This is an incredible step forward, some might say the lack of toilets or literacy are the main problems in bangladesh but i feel that it was the very present danger that babies could not get married that was really holding the nation back.

source:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/bangladesh-child-marriage-law-minimum-age-zero-reduce-baby-marital-unicef-un-a7619051.html
(edited 6 years ago)
Source?
Original post by crosssafley
The great and glorious nation of bangladesh has decided to make the legal age of marriage to 0 YEARS OLD in 'special cases'. This is an incredible step forward, some might say the lack of toilets or literacy are the main problems in bangladesh but i feel that it was the very present danger that babies could not get married that was really holding the nation back.

but it hasn't, unless every news website i can find has not decided to write an article about it... :K:
Reply 4
Special cases being girls to marry their rapists bascially.
Original post by laurawatt
but it hasn't, unless every news website i can find has not decided to write an article about it... :K:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/bangladesh-child-marriage-law-minimum-age-zero-reduce-baby-marital-unicef-un-a7619051.html

here
ewwww that is far too young :emo:
Original post by S.G.
Special cases being girls to marry their rapists bascially.

yup I think that the illiterate bengali government believed that it was the pre-marital rape of unmarried girls that was causing cyclones and flooding.
Original post by laurawatt
i stand corrected :smile:

that is not right :no:

well what can you do most villagers can't count past 2 so they have to marry someone within that age range or their pecan sized brain will get over exerted.
Original post by crosssafley

source:

That's naaasstttyyyy
And this is why bengal was conquered by the british first
Reply 12
I'm not justifying the law but what it actually states is that there will be no minimum age for marriage.

Anyone trying to marry someone young will have to put forward a case saying why; the government will supposedly have strict regulations in place to prevent any child abuse whilst also increasing sentences for anyone caught abusing a child and aiding an abuser.
Original post by MR1999
I'm not justifying the law but what it actually states is that there will be no minimum age for marriage.

Anyone trying to marry someone young will have to put forward a case saying why; the government will supposedly have strict regulations in place to prevent any child abuse whilst also increasing sentences for anyone caught abusing a child and aiding an abuser.

I think there is no circumstance on this earth that can possibly justify marrying a child
BS exaggerations by a feminist newspaper. The law does not set marital age to zero. The independent is just desperately trying to interpret it in that way. They even say in the article that this isn't the intention of the law and that child marriage is still illegal in the country...desperate feminists are desperate.

"We will increase the jail time for anyone found violating or abusing this law and also suspend the any marriage officiator found guilty of conducting illegal child marriages”

What I find interesting about all this is that feminists actively engage in trivialising relationships between adult females and minors and between the 60s and 90s campaigned for the legalisation of paedophilia...yet they have the audacity to preach about child marriage...you know this has nothing to do with child marriage for them. Its all about perpetuating the idea that women are victims and in need of help...in a world where they are anything but.
(edited 6 years ago)
Uhhh, this article is a year old.
This article seems a little BS, last time I checked child marriage was still illegal in Bangladesh
Fake news
Moved to International.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending