The Student Room Group

Is our age gap fine for dating?

I am a 22 year old guy who never had a girlfriend before but I have finally been on my first ever dating with this girl who is 19 so we are basically 3 years apart in age. But I am more worried about the fact that I am turning 23 on 22nd December which is just next month and she will turn 20 in April so we will be 19 and 23 for 4 months so will that be too much of an age gap? We will be 20 and 23 tho after her birthday in April. We tend to have a lot of things in common and talk about food daily but am I too old really to be dating her? She is in 2nd year of college and I just graduated college 4 months ago and I am a soon to be an MBA student. I like her and she is really sweet but is our age gap really problematic especially after I turn 23 next month and she will still be 19 for 4 months?
The people in the relationship get to decide whether it's okay for them.
Yes, FFS.
Original post by ageshallnot
Yes, FFS.

Dunno, the relationship police might be round.
no, I don't think so. If you're comfortable and safe around each other and you respect each other then it's fine.
You're both adults and she's a few years younger than you
Your are both consenting adults, a 3-4 year age gap is fine.
Reply 7
Follow the 1/2 age + 7 rule for the youngest person you date and you’ll be fine
Reply 8
Good God.
You realise that the gap is the same? You don’t suddenly become a year older on your birthday!
You are no different to many couples. Also, many women have older partners, most 19 year old blokes are way less mature than their 19 year old female equivalent.
Original post by domonict
Good God.
You realise that the gap is the same? You don’t suddenly become a year older on your birthday!
You are no different to many couples. Also, many women have older partners, most 19 year old blokes are way less mature than their 19 year old female equivalent.

are you sure about last statement?
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous #2
no, I don't think so. If you're comfortable and safe around each other and you respect each other then it's fine.

Are you saying our age gap is bad tho? How? She will be 20 4 months after I turn 23 and I feel 20 and 23 is perfectly normal. Now we are 19 and 22 and we have plenty of things in common and I don't even notice our age gap and I don't think being 19 and 23 for 4 months will make any changes. I would say 18 and 23 would have been a big age gap
Original post by Anonymous #1
Are you saying our age gap is bad tho? How? She will be 20 4 months after I turn 23 and I feel 20 and 23 is perfectly normal. Now we are 19 and 22 and we have plenty of things in common and I don't even notice our age gap and I don't think being 19 and 23 for 4 months will make any changes. I would say 18 and 23 would have been a big age gap

No, they're saying the opposite.

No, not at all! I'm saying that I don't see the problem with the age gap and that it's fine because you're both adults and I'm saying if you are comfortable and safe around each other and respect each other, which I'm sure you do. Then that's fine! no problem
I am a 22 year old guy who never had a girlfriend before but I have finally been on my first ever dating with this girl who is 19 so we are basically 3 years apart in age. But I am more worried about the fact that I am turning 23 on 22nd December which is just next month and she will turn 20 in April so we will be 19 and 23 for 4 months so will that be too much of an age gap? We will be 20 and 23 tho after her birthday in April. We tend to have a lot of things in common and talk about food daily but am I too old really to be dating her? She is in 2nd year of college and I just graduated college 4 months ago and I am a soon to be an MBA student. I like her and she is really sweet but is our age gap really problematic especially after I turn 23 next month and she will still be 19 for 4 months?

👿😠😱

How dare you!

How can you even consider dating a young girl who is 3 years younger than you! You're clearly a control freak, taking advantage of her naivety and vulnerability so you can manipulate her for your own perverted gains! You should be ashamed of yourself, If I ever see you with her, I'm going to call the pedo police. Grrrr!

Spoiler

(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending