The Student Room Group

UCAS Higher Education Exhibition

So I’m going tomorrow but I’m wondering if anyone could help me with questions to ask universities and people who do apprenticeship :biggrin: I wrote down a couple but if anyone has any suggestions please write them down as I want to make the most of this event :h:
Original post by TheEnchantress
So I’m going tomorrow but I’m wondering if anyone could help me with questions to ask universities and people who do apprenticeship :biggrin: I wrote down a couple but if anyone has any suggestions please write them down as I want to make the most of this event :h:

I went today! Guessing you'll be going to the same one :h:
A couple of tips: It was completely packed, so if possible have a (shortish) list of where you really want to go and go to those first
There's little point just walking around grabbing all the prospectuses you can see (trust me they're soooooooo heavy!) and feel free to say no thanks if you're not interested!
If you're genuinely interested in hearing more then get them to scan your barcode/fill out their form, but otherwise they'll just spam you!
Question wise, it was mostly admissions tutors there so anything about the applications process etc. Would be good to ask, whether they have a high weighting on GCSEs, PSs etc. But detailed questions about the modules of an obscure degree they're probably not gonna know about!
You can also ask about the benefits of doing *specific course/apprenticeship* with them rather than their competitors and that sort of thing :smile: Their answers, beyond the obvious what they say, will often say quite a lot about them!

Totally agree about making the most of it, we were only there for an hour and like I say it was packed so we didn't really get to make the most of it and I already regret it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemur14
I went today! Guessing you'll be going to the same one :h:
A couple of tips: It was completely packed, so if possible have a (shortish) list of where you really want to go and go to those first
There's little point just walking around grabbing all the prospectuses you can see (trust me they're soooooooo heavy!) and feel free to say no thanks if you're not interested!
If you're genuinely interested in hearing more then get them to scan your barcode/fill out their form, but otherwise they'll just spam you!
Question wise, it was mostly admissions tutors there so anything about the applications process etc. Would be good to ask, whether they have a high weighting on GCSEs, PSs etc. But detailed questions about the modules of an obscure degree they're probably not gonna know about!
You can also ask about the benefits of doing *specific course/apprenticeship* with them rather than their competitors and that sort of thing :smile: Their answers, beyond the obvious what they say, will often say quite a lot about them!

Totally agree about making the most of it, we were only there for an hour and like I say it was packed so we didn't really get to make the most of it and I already regret it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou so much 🌸 this is so helpful x

Spoiler

Original post by TheEnchantress
Thankyou so much 🌸 this is so helpful x

Spoiler

No worries, glad it helped!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending