The Student Room Group

How much do the TSR staff earn?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 8472
I had a recruitment place last month say about a job in Reading.
Cool, so err whats the salary?
Well it's certainly competitive.
Do you know how much roughly?
I can't say at this point but for your experience it's competitive to what others may offer.
Was 22k after I had a phone interview. On my preferences I said a minimum of 30k + benefits as my last role offered over double. All jobs which lack the salary in the listing are now ignored, usually indicates lack of appropriate pay. I guess in this case TSR Group is quite a nice place to work in a sense. More freedom and appreciation than an oversized IT company. Plus yoga on the beach in summer.

Spoiler

I refuse to speak to recruiters until they've sent me in writing both the job description and salary range.

No point in discussing any futher if they can't/won't tell you those.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by CoolCavy
but..but.. they created the rep so who repped the first person to set it up and work there :eek: which came first the rep or the CT :chicken:

New users have 1 gem and when they rep someone it is just a token rep because the amount actually given is 0

So How did reps get off the ground then if everyone could only give 0 rep??

someone must have had a new account with more than one gem and repped members until they earned another gem and could start giving reps

unless i'm missing something?
Original post by ANM775
New users have 1 gem and when they rep someone it is just a token rep because the amount actually given is 0

someone must have had a new account with more than one gem and repped members until they earned another gem and could start giving reps

shooketh
Original post by ANM775

You gained reputation points for time served, too.
Original post by ANM775

it goes up to one point from 0 if you have been here a bit
Reply 25
Original post by Drewski
You gained reputation points for time served, too.

Original post by CoolCavy
it goes up to one point from 0 if you have been here a bit

How long do you need to be a member to be awarded a rep?

I know TSR definately removes rep because I didn't come on TSR for several years and definitely had a few rep, but when I returned I was back down to one Gem
Original post by ANM775

I know TSR definately removes rep because I didn't come on TSR for several years and definitely had a few rep, but when I returned I was back down to one Gem

i have no idea :lol:
and if you dont log in for a certain amount of time it takes a percentage off but am not sure what the exact figures are
Original post by ANM775

All your questions can be answered here
Reply 28
Original post by Reue
"A competitive salary"

Urgh, hate firms who do that. You must have a budget assigned and so will have a good idea what the salary range is. Do everyone a favour and post it with the job spec.

Yeah, "competitive" equals sh*t.
Original post by YNWA1
Genius! I'll suggest it at the next team meeting :-)

Does this mean we'll get paid for banning trolls? :tongue:
Reply 30
Original post by ANM775

Rep used to be different back years ago. People started with +1 and could go up to +100s in power. Those were the days :moon:
Reply 31
Original post by Reue
Rep used to be different back years ago. People started with +1 and could go up to +100s in power. Those were the days :moon:

not sure If I was around for that

or maybe I was and simply wasn't aware of how it worked..
Reply 32
Original post by ANM775
not sure If I was around for that

or maybe I was and simply wasn't aware of how it worked..

It was far better back then as you could also neg rep people. That meant it was far harder to accumulate and keep a high rep.. whereas now people just need to stick around for long enough and they will inevitably climb to high rep regardless of post quality.
Reply 33
Original post by Reue
It was far better back then as you could also neg rep people. That meant it was far harder to accumulate and keep a high rep.. whereas now people just need to stick around for long enough and they will inevitably climb to high rep regardless of post quality.

I remember neg rep, although I didn't post much in those days

I sorta agree with you that the rep system as it stands makes it too easy to accumulate rep ...but tbh if it was how it was back in the day .. i'd probably have quite a few red gems by now ..as my posts have ruffled quite a few feathers [especially feminists lol]

Quick Reply

Latest