The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship [2018]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lilybelle245
Thank you!!! I applied for business, commercial, policy and project development in Salford, Manchester, Liverpool, Bootle and Netherton. I received my first email midday confirming I had passed and then another shortly after asking me to confirm I could make it to the assessment centre for the 9th April.

Oh and about the situational judgement I found them quite long winded as well but just put down what i thought was right I have done otheres before for companies such as jaguar landrover and not passed, it just depends on if how you think is the way the civil service wants you too i assume.
Ive just got my reply! I’m through to assessment day! Can’t believe it so happy
Original post by Chantelle_89
Good luck all, just applied for Business and Commercial in Liverpool and finance in Warrington, will be attempting the online tests tonight, I applied last year and was average on the online tests so didn't make it to the next stage so hopin for a better outcome this year 🤞

Applied for business & commerical in liverpool too!
Applied on the 8th and recieved my assessment centre on the 9th for this coming tuesday 20th in Newcastle. Good look everyone 😬
Original post by LaraJ1997
Applied on the 8th and recieved my assessment centre on the 9th for this coming tuesday 20th in Newcastle. Good look everyone 😬

Tell us how it went afterwards ;D
Looks like they've started to get the ball rolling! Hope I get mine soon 🙃
Reply 106
Original post by J0eJ0e994
Looks like they've started to get the ball rolling! Hope I get mine soon 🙃

Me too, now the email checking begins 😂😬
(edited 6 years ago)
Does anybody know if we’ll get an email if we haven’t made it through? Or is it just a matter of waiting until it’s far too late to receive good news?
Original post by GladstonianLib
Does anybody know if we’ll get an email if we haven’t made it through? Or is it just a matter of waiting until it’s far too late to receive good news?

I rushed through the tests last yr cause I wasn't rly too enthusiastic about any of the schemes in contrast to having the policy option this yr. I received an email 10 mins later saying I had failed so im presuming no news is good news 😂
Does anyone know if you don’t finish all the math and verbal tests is that an instant fail?
Original post by zoedmc
Does anyone know if you don’t finish all the math and verbal tests is that an instant fail?

No, it isn't. From what I read from last year's thread, most people don't finish. It's about the quality of your answers not the quantity
Original post by J0eJ0e994
I rushed through the tests last yr cause I wasn't rly too enthusiastic about any of the schemes in contrast to having the policy option this yr. I received an email 10 mins later saying I had failed so im presuming no news is good news 😂

I hope you’re right!
I already work for the civil service and this is one of the things that I don’t like.

Everyone doesn’t hear back at the same time and it can be demotivating for those that haven’t heard back....but honestly if it an instant fail you would hear straight away.
Is there any reason you don’t get an instant result after the test there must be a minimum standard?
Original post by zoedmc
Is there any reason you don’t get an instant result after the test there must be a minimum standard?

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I believe they put you into a pool and mark you against other people.. so they have to wait for a few to come in to be able to do that..
Is anyone going to the London assessment centre on the 10th of April?
(edited 6 years ago)
Has anyone got a list of all the locations??

Is Norwich one of them? Any others in the east region?

Also, I can’t get on the link for the Facebook group. What’s the name for it?
Original post by mattymoo432
Has anyone got a list of all the locations??

Is Norwich one of them? Any others in the east region?

Also, I can’t get on the link for the Facebook group. What’s the name for it?

I haven’t got a list of locations but this is the link f r the Facebook group :smile:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/787589091445983

Hopefully that works.
Original post by shadow_moon
Is anyone going to the London assessment centre on the 9th of April?

I haven’t heard anything - when did you hear back?
Original post by GladstonianLib
I haven’t heard anything - when did you hear back?

So I got the invitation on the 14th of March, I made the application 10 days before that. And sorry I meant the 10th of April for the assessment date.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending