The Student Room Group

Opinion on Sheared bathroom at university

Hey guys I would really want to know your recommendations on ensuite or sheared bathrooms, what are your opinions? Also if you went to Leeds or Nottingham and you sheared a bathroom your information would be very helpful
Original post by ESSA__
Hey guys I would really want to know your recommendations on ensuite or sheared bathrooms, what are your opinions? Also if you went to Leeds or Nottingham and you sheared a bathroom your information would be very helpful

Not gone to either uni's but an en-suite is definitely going to be more comfortable-

Depends on what kind of person you are, I'm v introverted so prefer to keep to myself

Also no guarantee what your roommates will be like they could have gross habits e.g leave hair clogging up the plug hole 🤢
Original post by ESSA__

I had shared bathrooms, and never really had an issue with them. The Uni cleaned them regularly, and I never experienced myself having to wait or negotiate a schedule.

En-suite is a lot of money in most places, and really even in your years outside of shared halls, you'll likely still be sharing bathrooms with others in private accommodation. It might be best to learn how to deal with conflict and how to share earlier than later!
Reply 3
Original post by Michelle Bieger
I had shared bathrooms, and never really had an issue with them. The Uni cleaned them regularly, and I never experienced myself having to wait or negotiate a schedule.

En-suite is a lot of money in most places, and really even in your years outside of shared halls, you'll likely still be sharing bathrooms with others in private accommodation. It might be best to learn how to deal with conflict and how to share earlier than later!

Hey I get what you mean but I’m Year 2 & 3 you’ll be sharing with your friends and people you actually know and possibly get along with
Original post by ESSA__
Hey I get what you mean but I’m Year 2 & 3 you’ll be sharing with your friends and people you actually know and possibly get along with

That's true! But even if you live with your best friend there's inevitably going to be some difference in what you guys consider a "standard" of cleanliness. It might be easier to compromise if it's your best friend, but it's also easier to compromise if you've had some experience with compromising.
Reply 5
Original post by Michelle Bieger
That's true! But even if you live with your best friend there's inevitably going to be some difference in what you guys consider a "standard" of cleanliness. It might be easier to compromise if it's your best friend, but it's also easier to compromise if you've had some experience with compromising.

Very true thank you
Reply 6
Where I am en-suite is not much more expensive. Definitely worth it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending