The Student Room Group

I can't stop feeling scared for GCSEs

I have all of my flashcards and mindmaps for every topic done and have been reviewing them for a fairly long time. However, over Easter I wanted to revise for 6 hours a day each day, but most days I ended up only doing 3 (I did have some days where I did about 7). I feel so unprepared and scared and I don't know if what I'm feeling is irrational and how I can stop feeling that way.
Original post by bunnisuh
I have all of my flashcards and mindmaps for every topic done and have been reviewing them for a fairly long time. However, over Easter I wanted to revise for 6 hours a day each day, but most days I ended up only doing 3 (I did have some days where I did about 7). I feel so unprepared and scared and I don't know if what I'm feeling is irrational and how I can stop feeling that way.

6 hours a day is what i'm doing for AS Exams.

I seriously wish I did less for my GCSE's because my grades right now are literally useless for me, since i'm not even going to like oxbridge of anything.

During easter last year for me, I did about 2 hours a day just looking at past paper questions and analysing the mark schemes, and that got me 5 A* and 6 As and a C.

You're doing fine. 3 Hours is enough. Try to go outside and get some fresh air to remove this stress.
Reply 2
I am a bit scared too, but I am telling myself that whatever happens, happens.
Work hard now, relax later. The exams will be over soon and there is more time than we think.
Also, because its the new GCSEs, boundaries are going to be low, no doubt about that.
Just revise and stay calm.
Reply 3
Original post by RickHendricks
6 hours a day is what i'm doing for AS Exams.

I seriously wish I did less for my GCSE's because my grades right now are literally useless for me, since i'm not even going to like oxbridge of anything.

During easter last year for me, I did about 2 hours a day just looking at past paper questions and analysing the mark schemes, and that got me 5 A* and 6 As and a C.

You're doing fine. 3 Hours is enough. Try to go outside and get some fresh air to remove this stress.

Thank you, that's reassuring. I have to get 7s in two of my subjects to get into my sixth form, but I am really hoping to get 8 8s. I will try and do more past paper questions.
Reply 4
Original post by Tiwa101
I am a bit scared too, but I am telling myself that whatever happens, happens.
Work hard now, relax later. The exams will be over soon and there is more time than we think.
Also, because its the new GCSEs, boundaries are going to be low, no doubt about that.
Just revise and stay calm.

Thank you for your advice! It's helpful to know I am not the only one. I completely forgot about grade boundaries actually!
Thank you, that's reassuring. I have to get 7s in two of my subjects to get into my sixth form, but I am really hoping to get 8 8s. I will try and do more past paper questions.

i can help with maths. I got 9. What exam board do u do?
Reply 6

I do Edexcel IGCSE, so thankfully it is all calculator.
I do Edexcel IGCSE, so thankfully it is all calculator.

Ah iGCSE. I did AQA maths lol. I can't help much but I can give u some resources. if you need some PM me
Dw bro, you're too young to stress about this stuff.

Some people will disagree but just forget about what the future applications have IF you fail (which you won't). Give it your all and make the best of your summer, party hard and spend time with family and friends.
As long as you get a C in English, Maths and Science and two other subjects, you're all good. After that it doesn't matter.

Then once you go to do your A Levels, a BBC gets you into a normal university, AAB/AAA into a Russell Group and A*AA to A*A*A* should put you safely for Oxbridge.

And now you're at university, it's easy to coast and get a Third Class (you can get 1st, 2:1, 2:2 or a 3rd). However, an employer will likely dismiss your degree unless it is either a 1st or 2:1.

Don't worry too much, chances are you'll do fine. Worry about A Levels, those are a massive step up. The difference between GCSE and A Level is greater than A Level and Uni for most subjects.
Hey could you send me those resources please

Hey could you send me those resources please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending