The Student Room Group

Aqa geography a level nea results

Poll

What raw score did you get?

Vote in the poll your raw score, and comment on what you think the grade boundaries are going to be :smile:
Got 32 and am gutted as I need a B overall. Would imagine that’s a low C but that’s just random guess. Could be even worse 😬
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by nathanh81
Got 32 and am gutted as I need a B overall. Would imagine that’s a low C but that’s just random guess. Could be even worse 😬

Sorry to hear that, hopefully the boundaries will work in your favour.
(please may you add your result to the poll?)
As well, it's only 20% so you can pull it back in the exam
Yeah, got mine back today grabbed 44/60, which seemed fairly high in regards to the rest of my class results. Though a few did get high 50's various saw low 30 and 1 or 2 below 30.

How many words did all your fieldwork pieces have?
Original post by BenSainsbury
Yeah, got mine back today grabbed 44/60, which seemed fairly high in regards to the rest of my class results. Though a few did get high 50's various saw low 30 and 1 or 2 below 30.

How many words did all your fieldwork pieces have?

Hey that's great! Thanks for the info. Where it's the first year of the NEA there's obviously no previous grade boundaries to judge how well we've done!
Mine was 4400, like most of my class, we were advised to not go much more over that to prevent us from waffling haha. What about you?
Either way, all grades will be split into percentiles. So if we know the spread of the marks in general it'll be a clear representation of how the boundaries may look. Have a feeling an A = 50/60, B = 40, C = 30 etc... Possibly? Maybe a little higher.

I actually really struggled to stay anywhere near the vague word limit AQA set. I ended up writing 10,400 words as I tried to make my fieldwork as detailed as possible. I really cut down a lot of text too which may have been unnecessary. I know some who wrote a little more, but majority from what I'm aware of wrote much less but not as low at 4400.

Then again, I'm not particularly good at English and I generally waffle on a little so.
Original post by Student02000
Hey that's great! Thanks for the info. Where it's the first year of the NEA there's obviously no previous grade boundaries to judge how well we've done!
Mine was 4400, like most of my class, we were advised to not go much more over that to prevent us from waffling haha. What about you?
(edited 6 years ago)
bump :smile:
I feel mine has been unfairly marked by my teacher - will that be my final grade for the coursework? Or is there something I can do about it?
Original post by lilyflowerxoxo
I feel mine has been unfairly marked by my teacher - will that be my final grade for the coursework? Or is there something I can do about it?

You can appeal it, but it does cost an administration fee.
Speak to your exam officer to see your school's procedure.
Reply 9
I got 50/80 (I think it was out of) on my NEA but I’m not sure if different exam boards will affect grade boundaries and if different exam boards have different total marks? If anyone else did eduqas or WJEC, what are your thoughts on grade boundaries? I’m on eduqas btw
Our teacher thought 42-50 was going to be an A seen as its the first set of coursework/students doing the course
I'm not sure what I got but my teacher said that she couldn't take any marks away, so I'm presuming that means I got full marks (although I do have this feeling it'll drop because I think I was too repetitive and not "focused" enough; "focused" being part of Level 3 for one section in the mark scheme).

With regards to grade boundaries, who knows?! I suspect they may be high as everyone may want to achieve as high marks as possible in the NEA as the boundaries for the exams are really unpredictable.
Reply 12
lets just hope the exams are doable or else im getting a U :bawling::bawling:
Reply 13
Original post by OperationALevels
Our teacher thought 42-50 was going to be an A seen as its the first set of coursework/students doing the course

Yeah, i spoke to my teacher about it again a couple days ago and turns out i got 58/80 not 50 and he says it should be around an A/B? so i guess no one really knows what they'll be for sure. what exam board are you on?
Original post by jhol27
Yeah, i spoke to my teacher about it again a couple days ago and turns out i got 58/80 not 50 and he says it should be around an A/B? so i guess no one really knows what they'll be for sure. what exam board are you on?

coursework for AQA A-Level Geography is only out of 60?
Reply 15
For AQA NEA our raw score was out of 60. Our teacher thought grade boundary would be at least 54 for an A* ( 90%) and 46-53 for an A. But really no one has a clue as it's the new spec.
We have only had the grades from our school ( I got 51) but haven't had grades after moderation so this could change.
Having just sat the two papers this week, I am not feeling optimistic - ran out of time on the Human Paper :frown:
Original post by DJD123
For AQA NEA our raw score was out of 60. Our teacher thought grade boundary wouldwas be at least 54 for an A* ( 90%) and 46-53 for an A. But really no one has a clue as it's the new spec.
We have only had the grades from our school ( I got 51) but haven't had grades after moderation so this could change.
Having just sat the two papers this week, I am not feeling optimistic - ran out of time on the Human Paper :frown:

was 51 an A*?
Reply 17
Original post by nathanh81

just got 33 on mine , what did you end up getting overall ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending