The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan?

So I've applied for Student Tuition Loan as an EU National. However, I've noticed there is something called Maintenance Loan online on other forums from last year 2017, which I can't seem to find any link related to it on the governments website?

Is Maintenance loan part of the main tuition loan form now? Or do I have to apply for maintenance loan separately if I wanted that? Or does that come as part of the tuition loan application?

Thanks, let me know if I wasn't clear enough!
Original post by Azuzi
So I've applied for Student Tuition Loan as an EU National. However, I've noticed there is something called Maintenance Loan online on other forums from last year 2017, which I can't seem to find any link related to it on the governments website?

Is Maintenance loan part of the main tuition loan form now? Or do I have to apply for maintenance loan separately if I wanted that? Or does that come as part of the tuition loan application?

Thanks, let me know if I wasn't clear enough!

EU students can apply for tuition, which covers uni fees. You need to be an EU citizen and resident in the EEA for 3 years before the September of the first year of study.

There is another form of loan called maintenance, which is for living costs.

UK citizens get that if they have lived in the UK for the preceeding 3 years.

EU citizens can get it if they have lived in the UK for the preceeding 5 years. Alternatively they can ask for it if they are the child or of themselves work for 20hrs a week and earn a certain salary. That is the working migrants scheme. Otherwise you have to fund maintenance yourself.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
EU students can apply for tuition, which covers uni fees. You need to be an EU citizen and resident in the EEA for 3 years before the September of the first year of study.

There is another form of loan called maintenance, which is for living costs.

UK citizens get that if they have lived in the UK for the preceeding 3 years.

EU citizens can get it if they have lived in the UK for the preceeding 5 years. Alternatively they can ask for it if they are the child or of themselves work for 20hrs a week and earn a certain salary. That is the working migrants scheme. Otherwise you have to fund maintenance yourself.

Thank you for your time, and your reply.

Do you mind linking me the maintenance loan form/website for EU Citizens. I've lived in the EU my whole life, and been resident in the UK as an EU National for over 3 years, almost 4 years in August.

The form I've completed and sent off is this one http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1819/eu/eu_eu18n_form_1819_o.pdf

I've filled all necessary sections that applies to me, not sure if the maintenance loan is in that form.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Azuzi
Thank you for your time, and your reply.

Do you mind linking me the maintenance loan form/website for EU Citizens. I've lived in the EU my whole life, and been resident in the UK as an EU National for over 3 years, almost 4 years in August.

The form I've completed and sent off is this one http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1819/eu/eu_eu18n_form_1819_o.pdf

I've filled all necessary sections that applies to me, not sure if the maintenance loan is in that form.

You haven't lived in the UK long enough to qualify for a maintainance loan.
Reply 4
Original post by jelly1000

Thank you,

I've found the form, which was PN1. I do qualify for the maintenance loan, if I meet one of the requirements listed! :smile:
Original post by jelly1000

Apologies, I'd totally forgotten about the migrant worker route.
I saw that the maintenance loan (migrant worker loan) for London is £3700. Is that for the hole year or per semester ?

Kind regards

Michael

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending