The Student Room Group

Insurance without a full licence

So I've seen it everywhere that you don't have to wait for your full licence after passing your test to start driving but how can I get insurance without proof of a licence? Online it says my licence is still provisional
Reply 1
Original post by Thunderfoot
So I've seen it everywhere that you don't have to wait for your full licence after passing your test to start driving but how can I get insurance without proof of a licence? Online it says my licence is still provisional

Your pass test certificate is proof enough whilst you wait for your licence to show up in the post.
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom
Your pass test certificate is proof enough whilst you wait for your licence to show up in the post.

I had to send that away with my provisional because I had to change my photo. When taking out insurance do they ask for your licence or number?
Reply 3
I had to send that away with my provisional because I had to change my photo. When taking out insurance do they ask for your licence or number?

Why does no one keep their licence up to date......

Did you take a photo of it before sending it off? If an insurer asks for proof, just let them know it's in the post and they should extend the deadline for which you must send them a copy.
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
Why does no one keep their licence up to date......

Did you take a photo of it before sending it off? If an insurer asks for proof, just let them know it's in the post and they should extend the deadline for which you must send them a copy.

Yeah probably could've made life easier for myself but oh well, what's done is done. No I didn't take a photo. Yeah I'll just explain it to them and hope they give me some extra time or something. Worst that can happen is I'll just have to wait 2 more weeks...
Thanks for the help
Reply 5
Yeah probably could've made life easier for myself but oh well, what's done is done. No I didn't take a photo. Yeah I'll just explain it to them and hope they give me some extra time or something. Worst that can happen is I'll just have to wait 2 more weeks...
Thanks for the help

If it helps, the only insurer I've ever had ask me for a copy of my licence is Hastings - never had another insurer ask me!
Original post by IWMTom
If it helps, the only insurer I've ever had ask me for a copy of my licence is Hastings - never had another insurer ask me!

Man, the 3 insurers I cycled through start of this year all asked for the DVLA sharecode lol.
Reply 7
Original post by nevershear
Man, the 3 insurers I cycled through start of this year all asked for the DVLA sharecode lol.

They must just really hate you 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending