The Student Room Group

Learner Insurance

Hiya, I am just about to purchase a car for when I past my driving test but am unsure on what sort of insurance I would need to be able to practice on the road.
Am I able to just buy learner insurance for the car without having any other insurance on it or do I have to have someone else with an actual license to be insured on it with my leaner insurance ONTOP of that before I go out on the road.
Thanks
Original post by ChloeGuns
Hiya, I am just about to purchase a car for when I past my driving test but am unsure on what sort of insurance I would need to be able to practice on the road.
Am I able to just buy learner insurance for the car without having any other insurance on it or do I have to have someone else with an actual license to be insured on it with my leaner insurance ONTOP of that before I go out on the road.
Thanks

If you are driving in your car before you pass your test, then you would deffo need learner insurance. Whether you would need a full licence holder on the insurance as well would be up to the company. You would have to ask them. I suppose it would always be useful to have someone else on there as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending