The Student Room Group

Question about A-Level options..

So basically I’m in year 11 with two weeks until my GCSEs are finito.

I have chosen Bio, chem and geo for my A-Levels however I have completely changed my mind and I want to do English lit, Classics and RS.

The thing is in March I was planning to do English lit, Geo and psych however this is when I decided to change them to Bio, chem and geo .

The problem is that when I was changing them in March my sixth form said if you change it will be difficult to get you back on English lit because there is a waiting list already.

I really need to do lit, classics and rs so any advice would be great on when I should change them, whether I should change them on results day or right now would be great.
BUMP
Reply 2
Original post by Oneiropólos
So basically I’m in year 11 with two weeks until my GCSEs are finito.

I have chosen Bio, chem and geo for my A-Levels however I have completely changed my mind and I want to do English lit, Classics and RS.

The thing is in March I was planning to do English lit, Geo and psych however this is when I decided to change them to Bio, chem and geo .

The problem is that when I was changing them in March my sixth form said if you change it will be difficult to get you back on English lit because there is a waiting list already.

I really need to do lit, classics and rs so any advice would be great on when I should change them, whether I should change them on results day or right now would be great.

See which one out of bio chem and geo you want to do the least, and change to English Lit. Then wait until results day so then you have a clear idea of which are your strongest. Give English Lit a go, as it will be easier to change to back to geo then to change from geo to Lit if there is a waiting list like you said. Hope this helps, and try and focus on exams rather than a levels at the moment.
Original post by Beth286
See which one out of bio chem and geo you want to do the least, and change to English Lit. Then wait until results day so then you have a clear idea of which are your strongest. Give English Lit a go, as it will be easier to change to back to geo then to change from geo to Lit if there is a waiting list like you said. Hope this helps, and try and focus on exams rather than a levels at the moment.

Ok thanks
Reply 4
Ok thanks

I’m in the same boat at the moment, I want to do Biology Psychology and either spanish chemistry or Health and Social Care. But I don’t feel clever enough to do span or chem so will probs ending up doing h&s care
Reply 5
Don't do biology. Every spec is terrible. All my friends hate it and so do I.
Firstly, make sure you're set on English lit, Classics, RS. This might take a couple of days, don't panic if you're not sure exactly which subjects to take. Once you're decided for sure which ones you want to take, do everything you can to get the school to let you take those subjects. Maybe have a longer discussion with a teacher about your options.
Original post by aboopa
Don't do biology. Every spec is terrible. All my friends hate it and so do I.

Yh I don’t want to do any of the options from Bio chem geo.

I don’t know wth I was thinking about doing them, these choices are making me nuts
Original post by TomHibbs12
Firstly, make sure you're set on English lit, Classics, RS. This might take a couple of days, don't panic if you're not sure exactly which subjects to take. Once you're decided for sure which ones you want to take, do everything you can to get the school to let you take those subjects. Maybe have a longer discussion with a teacher about your options.

Yh thanks will do, best thing is to do it early
Reply 9
Yh I don’t want to do any of the options from Bio chem geo.

I don’t know wth I was thinking about doing them, these choices are making me nuts

Don't worry to much. I am not doing great in my A levels but not bad. I have just been told I now have an unconditional offer for my favourite university. It isn't the end of the world. Also there is a girl in my year who is 20. She did her A levels, realised they were the wrong ones, and started again. Seriously, it is not all gloom and doom
Original post by aboopa
Don't worry to much. I am not doing great in my A levels but not bad. I have just been told I now have an unconditional offer for my favourite university. It isn't the end of the world. Also there is a girl in my year who is 20. She did her A levels, realised they were the wrong ones, and started again. Seriously, it is not all gloom and doom

Yh ur right.

Quick Reply

Latest