How did you find the paper?

Fantastic! I'm on my way to 100UMS 3%
I think I managed an A 15%
It was okay, some were good some were bad 50%
Pretty bad 23%
I think I failed 3%
I THINK I GOT A U5%
Total votes: 208
What did everyone think of the exam earlier?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did:
Water and Carbon
Coasts
Hazards
Reply 2
I don’t know to be honest, I think it was alright but the hazard 20 marker threw me off a bit
Reply 3
Original post by Sxhib
I don’t know to be honest, I think it was alright but the hazard 20 marker threw me off a bit

I hated the resource questions especially the one about the caldera
Original post by zxcvbnm909
I hated the resource questions especially the one about the caldera
samee
Guys who did hazards can someone remind me of the nuee ardente question, I can't remember it, scared I missed it out :s-smilie:
I did the same as you.

I thought the hazard 20 marker was crap.
"Using a multi-hazard place youve studied assess the extent to which human activities cause hazards compared with the phyiscal" somthing along those lines.

I thought the coasts 20 marker was ok but i ****ed it up.

And the carbon and water cycles i found hard to get 20 marks.

Did anyone find they didnt have enough space on the 6 and 9 markers to write?
what did people write about for each of the 20 mark questions for:h:azards Water and Carbon Cycle Coasts
Reply 8
Original post by summer186
Guys who did hazards can someone remind me of the nuee ardente question, I can't remember it, scared I missed it out :s-smilie:

I don't think there was a question about nee ardentes. There was something about it as one of the choices in the multiple choice section
Reply 9
Original post by Fenderjack9
I did the same as you.

"Using a multi-hazard place youve studied assess the extent to which human activities cause hazards compared with the phyiscal" somthing along those lines.

had to go on to extra paper for basically every question.
Original post by Fenderjack9
I did the same as you.

I thought the coasts 20 marker was fine, and water and carbon was quite hard. But i feel like i've done the hazards one completely wrong now. I didn't realise you had to talk about global warming, wildfires and climate change as the human causes
Reply 11
Original post by zxcvbnm909
I thought the coasts 20 marker was fine, and water and carbon was quite hard. But i feel like i've done the hazards one completely wrong now. I didn't realise you had to talk about global warming, wildfires and climate change as the human causes

Well I don’t know, California was my multi hazardous area & those were my hazards that occurred within that location and therefore I spoke about those. And human activity links with wild fires that occur there. But i think as long you have spoken about hazards both with human activities and physical factors you should be fine. I
Original post by AT26
Well I don’t know, California was my multi hazardous area & those were my hazards that occurred within that location and therefore I spoke about those. And human activity links with wild fires that occur there. But i think as long you have spoken about hazards both with human activities and physical factors you should be fine. I

I used the Philippines but hopefully it was fine enough
Reply 13
Yeah same here, I used the Philippines case study. But the 6 marker for hazards with the two figures I messed up on, couldn’t exactly pin point exact links tbf but I said the basics I think 🤔
Original post by Sxhib
Yeah same here, I used the Philippines case study. But the 6 marker for hazards with the two figures I messed up on, couldn’t exactly pin point exact links tbf but I said the basics I think 🤔

What did you write for the human causes in the Philippines? I wrote about agricultural activity leading to saturated ground and therefore flooding from tropical storms. And also climate change but not sure if I’m along the right lines 😕
Yeah I used the Philippines too, I talked about seismic hazards, volcanic eruptions & tropical storms. All of which are clearly natural processes that cause the hazards, unless you argue that global warming heats the ocean temperatures in developing tropical storms. I thought this was fairly straight forwards as to me it was a one sided argument. In my evaluation I mentioned human activity can worsen the impacts but not influence the causes.
(edited 5 years ago)
I did W&C, coasts and hazards.
Found water and carbon fine overall, the Oman Sea 6 marker on coasts threw me a bit (I didn't really know how to analyse it other than that there's some lingshore drift?). The question that really got me was the resource question on hazards with the yellowstone caldera - too much data to write about, and I couldn't think of a way to link the two resources. I was going to leave the question entirely, but because of a disturbance we got an extra few minutes of time to finish it :P
The 20 markers were pretty good overall, especially the hazards one. I used the Philippines for my case study, and talked about how volcanoes and earthquakes are entirely physical, and although tropical storms need certain physical conditions to form, these can be influenced by human activity (i.e. anthropogenic CO2 emissions making ocean's warmer, making it easier for tropical storms to form over a greater area).
Original post by TommyPickering13
Yeah I used the Philippines too, I talked about seismic hazards, volcanic eruptions & tropical storms. All of which are clearly natural processes that cause the hazards, unless you argue that global warming heats the ocean temperatures in developing tropical storms. I thought this was fairly straight forwards as to me it was a one sided argument. In my evaluation I mentioned human activity can worsen the impacts but not influence the causes.

Yeah mine was very similar to yours. I talked about earthquakes, tropical storms, ad volcanic eruptions, and ways that human factors have worsen the nature of the hazard.
Original post by annabel.james
what did people write about for each of the 20 mark questions for:h:azards Water and Carbon Cycle Coasts

For water and carbon 20 marker, i talked about the impact of deforestation leading to a loss of water storage in the biosphere and more runoff, deforestation causing peatland to dry up so water deficit, and irrigation causing local water supply but water deficit in other places
Original post by Sonder_Song
I did W&C, coasts and hazards.
Found water and carbon fine overall, the Oman Sea 6 marker on coasts threw me a bit (I didn't really know how to analyse it other than that there's some lingshore drift?). The question that really got me was the resource question on hazards with the yellowstone caldera - too much data to write about, and I couldn't think of a way to link the two resources. I was going to leave the question entirely, but because of a disturbance we got an extra few minutes of time to finish it :P
The 20 markers were pretty good overall, especially the hazards one. I used the Philippines for my case study, and talked about how volcanoes and earthquakes are entirely physical, and although tropical storms need certain physical conditions to form, these can be influenced by human activity (i.e. anthropogenic CO2 emissions making ocean's warmer, making it easier for tropical storms to form over a greater area).

Yeah I really didn't know what to put for the Oman sea one either! I wrote about long shore drift, concordant coastline because there is a bay with a narrow entrance but no headlands, and a bit about the erosion .

I couldn't really find any links between the two hazards resources, I know they both had earthquakes but I couldn't find a link. Also I didn't even understand some of the words in the question and information

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending