The Student Room Group

Edexcel Psychology A Level: Paper Two 08/06/2018 [Exam Discussion]

how did you guys feel about the exam? i thought it wasn't awful, i liked the clinical psychology section but i didn't finish as per usual lol

Scroll to see replies

I thought it was awful. Couldnt remember any content and kept getting confused between schizophrenia and depression :frown:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Was the 20 marker on a general explanation or specifically a biological one you have studied?
I think it was on a specific biological explanation
I thought it was sooooo nice and loved the 20 marker
Reply 5
Original post by khanuml11
I think it was on a specific biological explanation

Ah there we facking go, me and my mates have been having a heated debate since it ended whether it was specifically biological or not. I thought it was specifically bio so im safe.
Reply 6
Original post by miljohnson
I thought it was sooooo nice and loved the 20 marker

honestly i'm acc so happy that there has been nothing on practicals or contemporary studies across all the papers, feel a bit blessed
Original post by EL.Rick
Ah there we facking go, me and my mates have been having a heated debate since it ended whether it was specifically biological or not. I thought it was specifically bio so im safe.

That comment made my day 😂
Hope your friends are ok 😂😂
oops wrong forum
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Blackberryjam
oops wrong forum

what a mood
Reply 10
Original post by khanuml11
That comment made my day 😂
Hope your friends are ok 😂😂

One of them is ******** it but rest of us are good cos we did the explanation that answers both questions
I loved it too! The 20 marker was quite easy, something like "Evaluation of a BIOLOGICAL explanation for one of three disorders you have studied" - Unipolar Depression in my case.

I just kept running out of content to write so I started making **** up, like "A study by Peterson used 20 rats where he gave 10 a course of drugs that contained noradrenaline, and the remaining 10 a placebo. Those with the drugs showed improved symptoms of depression, supporting the link between the presence of monoamine neurotransmitters and depression ... blah blah blah"

I always make **** up and I thought Peterson was a common name - I'm sure a Peterson out there in the world has done a study like this LOL

The short question were also quite easy, and the maths content was fine too!

Only had problems in the 16 marker at the end of the paper in the Health Psychology unit since I had no time left so, legit, my hand was shaking so much trying to write as fast as I could to finish it with a conclusion that actually made bloody sense.

I'm not scared of getting the questions wrong, the only thing I'm having nightmares about is losing marks because the examiner can't understand my chicken writing, seriously XD
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 12
I liked this paper a lot better than the last one, and it was nice to hear that a lot of my friends managed to finish this exam, since everyone was down in the dumps after the previous one.

The only thing I mesesd up was misreading a question as "evaluate" rather than "discuss" :h:

I also forgot to tick which part of section B I was answering. Didn't even see the box, to be honest. Probably because the section I was answering was right after clinical. We'll find out if that got me into trouble on results day. :biggrin:
(edited 5 years ago)
The paper was okay in general but did anyone else start getting sooo confused between all the evaluate points in clinical on either biological explanations or biological treatments! A lot of similar questions got me a bit flustered and almost mixing evaluate points up from schizophrenia and anorexia because they are just so similar (hopefully I didn't but maybe I did who knows ahaha). Also got the first question on HCPC guidelines just completely wrong ahah. Anyone else do criminal? Felt like it was alright as well but too many application questions was longg. Paper 3 is going to be an actual shambles though
Can anyone help me here please: online on the edexcel website in grade boundaries is says it was out of 270. However, paper 1 was 90 marks, paper 2 was also 90 marks and paper 3 was 80 marks. This equals to 260 not 270 so i'm very confused
Original post by Jessicalayelle
The paper was okay in general but did anyone else start getting sooo confused between all the evaluate points in clinical on either biological explanations or biological treatments! A lot of similar questions got me a bit flustered and almost mixing evaluate points up from schizophrenia and anorexia because they are just so similar (hopefully I didn't but maybe I did who knows ahaha). Also got the first question on HCPC guidelines just completely wrong ahah. Anyone else do criminal? Felt like it was alright as well but too many application questions was longg. Paper 3 is going to be an actual shambles though

I did criminal too; I thought it was definitely tougher than the clinical section. I found it difficult to bring the context in for the 12 marker about cognitive interviews.
Original post by Jessicalayelle
Can anyone help me here please: online on the edexcel website in grade boundaries is says it was out of 270. However, paper 1 was 90 marks, paper 2 was also 90 marks and paper 3 was 80 marks. This equals to 260 not 270 so i'm very confused

Someone raised this to my teacher in class; apparently it's just a mistake
I also didn't tick the box for me doing the child psychology section and now I'm stressing like maddd that I'm gonna get no marks for it!! I need at the very least a B in Psychology to get into my uni and if I get nothing for a whole section there's no way I will. Ugh. Will it actually make a difference or will they mark it? Ahhhhhhh
Reply 18
What do people think will come up in paper 3
Reply 19
Original post by Azzapro
What do people think will come up in paper 3

we were thinking maybe quite a bit on classic studies? idk tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending