The Student Room Group

Any advice for gcse Edexcel History 9-1?

(Henry VIII and his ministers and American West) Revision tips helpful please
Original post by cmonsummer

1. Read the paper carefully. You should already know how many questions to answer. Choose the best ones for you.
2. Think about the question and what it asks, give them the answer thy ask for and not the one you wanted them to ask.
3. Spend 5 mins writing an essay plan- it needs to be coherent and make sense.
4. Spend the amount of time on the essay in proportion to the marks it is worth. No more. Do not overrun.
5. If you make a point then back it up with a reason.
Reply 2
For the American West justs learn key dates
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
1. Read the paper carefully. You should already know how many questions to answer. Choose the best ones for you.
2. Think about the question and what it asks, give them the answer thy ask for and not the one you wanted them to ask.
3. Spend 5 mins writing an essay plan- it needs to be coherent and make sense.
4. Spend the amount of time on the essay in proportion to the marks it is worth. No more. Do not overrun.
5. If you make a point then back it up with a reason.

Thank you! This made me feel so prepared
Thank you! This made me feel so prepared

Thats nice, but practice exams and they become less worrisome. The revision beforehand is the worst imo and by the time you are in the exam you just have to make the most of the 1-3h you have.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Thats nice, but practice exams and they become less worrisome. The revision beforehand is the worst imo and by the time you are in the exam you just have to make the most of the 1-3h you have.

Yes definitely

im not doing these modules but i can help with revision.
dates around 10 useful ones
events ones which can be used to answer more than one answer
themes just so you can header your answers if you have more than one eevent you want to know
you need to know these

try answering practice questions or at least being able to answer them i dont know whihc ones you do so i cant help without that information.

for dates id say write out every important date and then highlight the ones that are important (meet my suggested criteria) there will be alot so youll just need to take some iniciative. id say 10X for each this way you can get a rounded list which contains some which apply to every question.

if you have any more questions about anything either reply or message me.
Original post by History_helper.
im not doing these modules but i can help with revision.
dates around 10 useful ones
events ones which can be used to answer more than one answer
themes just so you can header your answers if you have more than one eevent you want to know
you need to know these

try answering practice questions or at least being able to answer them i dont know whihc ones you do so i cant help without that information.

for dates id say write out every important date and then highlight the ones that are important (meet my suggested criteria) there will be alot so youll just need to take some iniciative. id say 10X for each this way you can get a rounded list which contains some which apply to every question.

"eevent you want to know" should be more you want to include whihc is in reference to the pint youll be making. also these themes will be in the question so youll be able to answer the question easier if your dates are linked directly to the themes if this confuses you then don't do it

also the spelling mistakes i apologise

if you have any more questions about anything either reply or message me.

"ee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending