The Student Room Group

Rearranging maths modules

So, I’m on OCR and last year I got A in AS Maths and A in AS further maths, this year I sat C3, C4 and S2.
I was wondering if OCR will mix up all nine units again this year (including the ones from AS further maths) to give me the best possible A2 maths grade??
Does anyone know how this works??

Also is there a rule where units like S1 and S2 have to be in the same qualification? Or can they be split up?

AS MATHS
C1 - 95
C2 - 86
M1 - 80

AS FURTHER MATHS
FP1 - 77
S1 - 85
D1 - 85

UNITS SAT THIS SUMMER
C3
C4
S2
Original post by Kara_h
So, I’m on OCR and last year I got A in AS Maths and A in AS further maths, this year I sat C3, C4 and S2.
I was wondering if OCR will mix up all nine units again this year (including the ones from AS further maths) to give me the best possible A2 maths grade??
Does anyone know how this works??

Also is there a rule where units like S1 and S2 have to be in the same qualification? Or can they be split up?

AS MATHS
C1 - 95
C2 - 86
M1 - 80

AS FURTHER MATHS
FP1 - 77
S1 - 85
D1 - 85

UNITS SAT THIS SUMMER
C3
C4
S2

S2 can be with S1 in Maths but not S2 in Maths and S1 in F Maths. Did your school ask for modules to be re-cashed?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
S2 can be with S1 in Maths but not S2 in Maths and S1 in F Maths. Did your school ask for modules to be re-cashed?

Okay thank you! No they didn’t say anything about it and they didn’t seem to know how it all worked when I asked them!
I’m assuming they will be re-cashed as otherwise the combinations I have at the moment wouldn’t work?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Kara_h
Okay thank you! No they didn’t say anything about it and they didn’t seem to know how it all worked when I asked them!
I’m assuming they will be re-cashed as otherwise the combinations I have at the moment wouldn’t work?

Did you get an AS Maths grade last summer? You should be OK as you are completing the A level now. The board should maximise your A level grade with a permitted combination of applied modules.
Reply 4
Did you get an AS Maths grade last summer? You should be OK as you are completing the A level now. The board should maximise your A level grade with a permitted combination of applied modules.

Yes I got a grade for both AS maths and further maths last summer, and now I’ve taken a further 3 units so I will end up with a full maths A-Level and an AS further maths. I’m assuming the AS further maths grade could change from last year then
Original post by Kara_h
Yes I got a grade for both AS maths and further maths last summer, and now I’ve taken a further 3 units so I will end up with a full maths A-Level and an AS further maths. I’m assuming the AS further maths grade could change from last year then

You need to make sure you ask your exams officer to re-certificate A-Level Maths as well as certificating A-Level Further Maths. Otherwise your applied units that you took for A-Level Maths will be locked to Maths and not be able to be shuffled around to Further Maths.
Reply 6
Original post by Prasiortle
You need to make sure you ask your exams officer to re-certificate A-Level Maths as well as certificating A-Level Further Maths. Otherwise your applied units that you took for A-Level Maths will be locked to Maths and not be able to be shuffled around to Further Maths.

Okay,can I still ask for this even if I’ve done all the exams now? (I finished today)
Original post by Prasiortle

Wrong - the A level was not completed last year!
Original post by Kara_h
Okay,can I still ask for this even if I’ve done all the exams now? (I finished today)

Yes.
Original post by Kara_h

I don't think you completed A level Maths last year from what you have posted nor that you are taking A level F Maths - ignore the poster above.
Reply 10
I don't think you completed A level Maths last year from what you have posted nor that you are taking A level F Maths - ignore the poster above.

I completed AS maths and AS further maths last year, today I finished A-Level maths
Sorry for the confusion!
Original post by Kara_h
I completed AS maths and AS further maths last year, today I finished A-Level maths
Sorry for the confusion!

You didn't confuse me!

You might just check that they unlocked the AS Further Maths applied modules.
Reply 12
You didn't confuse me!

You might just check that they unlocked the AS Further Maths applied modules.

Okay thank you! Is it still possible to unlock them if they haven’t done so already?? (S1 is currently sitting in AS fm so that’s a problem)

Thank you for all your help!
Original post by Kara_h
Okay thank you! Is it still possible to unlock them if they haven’t done so already?? (S1 is currently sitting in AS fm so that’s a problem)

Thank you for all your help!

I see that - so they'd have to unlock the AS F Maths as they can't put S2 in A level Maths without S1 being there.
Reply 14
I see that - so they'd have to unlock the AS F Maths as they can't put S2 in A level Maths without S1 being there.

Oh i see, in that case I guess they could put S1&S2 together in either further maths or normal maths then
Original post by Kara_h
Oh i see, in that case I guess they could put S1&S2 together in either further maths or normal maths then

Alternatively S1 could go in Maths and S2 in F Maths - you'll have to wait and see :smile:
Reply 16
Alternatively S1 could go in Maths and S2 in F Maths - you'll have to wait and see :smile:

Thank you so much for explaining all this!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest