The Student Room Group

ukcat question

Can someone please explain this statement below? Why can such an assumption be made?

If someone is considered the father of plastic surgery, then we can say they are likely to be involved in creating plastic surgery.
(edited 5 years ago)
The 'father' of something is just an expression used to talk about someone being involved in founding or creating something. For example, some people might call Mendel the father of modern genetics ( because he was the first one to do proper experiments about the subject). Basically its saying that the father of plastic surgery is the person who first used it/created it- it's just an expression.

Hope that helps and good luck with your ukcat :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by hello2906
The 'father' of something is just an expression used to talk about someone being involved in founding or creating something. For example, some people might call Mendel the father of modern genetics ( because he was the first one to do proper experiments about the subject). Basically its saying that the father of plastic surgery is the person who first used it/created it- it's just an expression.

Hope that helps and good luck with your ukcat :smile:

Beast explanation. Thank you. :smile:
Original post by As.1997
Can someone please explain this statement below? Why can such an assumption be made?

If someone is considered the father of plastic surgery, then we can say they are likely to be involved in creating plastic surgery.

It's a lot easier to explain if you give us the options available as an answer - otherwise it's a free response question which has a large variety of answers, a lot of which probably won't be of use to you
Reply 4
Original post by Kyber Ninja
It's a lot easier to explain if you give us the options available as an answer - otherwise it's a free response question which has a large variety of answers, a lot of which probably won't be of use to you

I want to upload the print screen but it's not allowing me to do so. Although, I do agree with what you are saying.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending