The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

VR: 540
DM: 630
QR: 670
AR: 720
SJT: band 1
Resources: medify for 1 month, official mocks and question bank on the UKCAT website!
do you recommend using medify?
Original post by atrombetta1
Resources: medify for 1 month, official mocks and question bank on the UKCAT website!
Original post by cassywalker
do you recommend using medify?

yes definitely! It's the closer you can get to the real exam. Totally recommend it
yes definitely! It's the closer you can get to the real exam. Totally recommend it

thank you so much

Grad or undergrad?
Original post by Samanthaplague
Grad or undergrad?

undergraduate! Do you think the score will be enough? :smile:
undergraduate! Do you think the score will be enough? :smile:

Yeah it should be fine (providing you get the grades in GCSE/ Predicted A Level). Don't apply to King's college london because they like a score of 650 and Birmingham told me that 670 was the average for them so I would avoid those two but other than that you should be fine for any others. Which unis were you looking at?? Also what were you getting in your practice because I'm getting 630s in the mocks right now and how did the actual exam compare to them??
Yeah it should be fine (providing you get the grades in GCSE/ Predicted A Level). Don't apply to King's college london because they like a score of 650 and Birmingham told me that 670 was the average for them so I would avoid those two but other than that you should be fine for any others. Which unis were you looking at?? Also what were you getting in your practice because I'm getting 630s in the mocks right now and how did the actual exam compare to them??

I'm applying to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, St Andrews and Dundee.
I was getting similar score in my practices.
I'm applying to Edinburgh, Aberdeen, St Andrews and Dundee.
I was getting similar score in my practices.

They should be fine. How did the official mocks compare to the actual UKCAT test?
They should be fine. How did the official mocks compare to the actual UKCAT test?

I think the official mocks are really really hard compared to actual Ukcat, particularly QR. DM was a bit harder on mocks but it's a good resource for practice.
I think the official mocks are really really hard compared to actual Ukcat, particularly QR. DM was a bit harder on mocks but it's a good resource for practice.

Okay. Thanks. I'm getting 630 on the official mocks so hopefully will get 670+ in the actual test... i'm just hoping I do. Did you use medify?
Okay. Thanks. I'm getting 630 on the official mocks so hopefully will get 670+ in the actual test... i'm just hoping I do. Did you use medify?

when have u got yours? mines on 9th august, vr and qr are so sh*t
Mine is on the 26th, I'm feeling a lot more confident than I did a month ago but I am still terrified of the test... have you done any mocks?
Don’t worry too much guys my ukcat was only 640and I got 4 interviews and 3 offers

Just apply strategically and not necessarily where you love the most
Mine is on the 26th, I'm feeling a lot more confident than I did a month ago but I am still terrified of the test... have you done any mocks?

no not yet :tongue: probs do one tomorrow tho. dunno if i will be ready by the 9th of august
Original post by gapyear2018
Don’t worry too much guys my ukcat was only 640and I got 4 interviews and 3 offers

Where did you apply?
Where did you apply?

Bristol, UEA, HYMS and Leicester
I'm a graduate and sat my UKCAT on Saturday. I got:VR: 670QR: 700DM: 750AR: 650SJT: Band 1I sat it last year as well and got total 2700, but mucked up my interview. Last year I used MedicPortal and a bit of Medify, and then this year I just used Medify (because i'd used all of the MedicPortal resources up).Hope this helps! Good luck all! :smile:
Original post by gapyear2018

Where did you apply? I got 640 and I'm applying to St Andews, Dundee, Edinburgh and Aberdeen. What do you think?

Latest

Trending

Trending