The Student Room Group

DVLA

My license has taken 3 weeks to arrive and I’ve alteady got my car on finance but the company won’t release it without my license actually being here. I’m paying for a car I can’t drive. Any advice
my advice would have been get the car after the licence but we are past that sadly you are jsut going to have to wait there isnt much you can do maybe contact the dvla and ask if it has been posted or if it is lost?
Reply 2
3 weeks is a long time. You sure they haven’t sent you your licence number? There’s a number on a licence that you can use for stuff like that. Contact the DVLA for it
Original post by Simone250900
my advice would have been get the car after the licence but we are past that sadly you are jsut going to have to wait there isnt much you can do maybe contact the dvla and ask if it has been posted or if it is lost?

I was told when I got the car my pass certificate would be enough as it had my drivers number on it. The examiner at the test centre said the same thing.
Original post by Milax1x
3 weeks is a long time. You sure they haven’t sent you your licence number? There’s a number on a licence that you can use for stuff like that. Contact the DVLA for it

I’ve called the DVLA and they said some licenses may take up to 5 weeks
It acts like a driving Licence but not every insurance company accepts that
Reply 6
Original post by Shannonmay97
My license has taken 3 weeks to arrive and I’ve alteady got my car on finance but the company won’t release it without my license actually being here. I’m paying for a car I can’t drive. Any advice

Use your test pass certificate, as this acts as your driving licence until your photocard shows up.
Original post by IWMTom
Use your test pass certificate, as this acts as your driving licence until your photocard shows up.

When I got the car I did but the company have no requested a copy of my license before releasing the car?
Reply 8
When I got the car I did but the company have no requested a copy of my license before releasing the car?

Yes.. your test pass certificate acts as your licence. What exactly are they needing the photocard for?
Original post by IWMTom
Yes.. your test pass certificate acts as your licence. What exactly are they needing the photocard for?

They’ve said that due to me being a new driver they require a copy of the photo card
Reply 10
They’ve said that due to me being a new driver they require a copy of the photo card

What a load of crap. Buy a car from elsewhere if that's their policy; there's no reason to require it.
Original post by IWMTom
What a load of crap. Buy a car from elsewhere if that's their policy; there's no reason to require it.

As the post says I already have the car. The finance company want to photocard
Reply 12
As the post says I already have the car. The finance company want to photocard

Tell them to either wait or stuff it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending