The Student Room Group

final grade

I missed 1/3 components in Alevel psychology exam. I gave 2 papers in As and got a B but I missed my last paper in A2 because I was hospitalised. what will be my final A level grade?
Original post by Ninja1999
I missed 1/3 components in Alevel psychology exam. I gave 2 papers in As and got a B but I missed my last paper in A2 because I was hospitalised. what will be my final A level grade?

It would depend because the grades that you get is based on everyone else's grades. You can't say for sure but I suggest talking to your exam's officer about missing your last exam.
Reply 2
I'm not sure if the rules are the same for international students but I presume they are. Assuming that your exam centre put in for special consideration for the missed exam then your grade will be based on the 3 units you did take, plus an estimate of what you would have scored on the 4th unit (which will be based on how you did in the other 3)
Reply 3
A level psychology has 3 units. 2units that were completed in As level and the 3rd one in A2. which I missed.
A level psychology has 3 units. 2units that were completed in As level and the 3rd one in A2. which I missed.

Speak to your examinations administrator, ask if they have applied for special consideration and whether the examiners have provided any feedback.
Each case is evaluated based on the information provided to the examiners so it is unwise to predict their reaction.
However, assuming this is with CIE, my interpretation of their rules described in the exams officer handbook (section 5.5) is that they will probably not award an estimated grade for A2 because you have not completed 50% of the assessment in the same exam period.
Reply 5

I think that wouldn't be eligible for special consideration as you haven't done any of the A2 assessment but it's worth asking the Exam officer.

Quick Reply

Latest