The Student Room Group

What will I be graduating with?

So my second year is worth 30% and my last is 70%. I had a tough time at uni and barely making it through, my second year I averaged 45% and these r the grades I got:

88%,50%,57%,57%,40%,56%

I would really appreciate if you much the overall degree classification I’ve achieved with these. Thank you.
Original post by Ncis1999
So my second year is worth 30% and my last is 70%. I had a tough time at uni and barely making it through, my second year I averaged 45% and these r the grades I got:

88%,50%,57%,57%,40%,56%

I would really appreciate if you much the overall degree classification I’ve achieved with these. Thank you.

I'm kind of impressed by the 88%. What subject is this in?

Using final grade = weight1*grade1+weight2*grade2, and presuming all the modules in yoru final year are equally weighted....
Final grade = 0.3*45+0.7*(88+50+57+57+40+56)/6 = 54.1

You would be graduating with a 2:2, which seems reasonable considering the grades you got.
What are your plans now considering the above?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm kind of impressed by the 88%. What subject is this in?

Using final grade = weight1*grade1+weight2*grade2, and presuming all the modules in yoru final year are equally weighted....
Final grade = 0.3*45+0.7*(88+50+57+57+40+56)/6 = 54.1

You would be graduating with a 2:2, which seems reasonable considering the grades you got.
What are your plans now considering the above?

My bad , the 88% was what I got in the exam. For the overall module I only got 79% :/
This was for thermodynamics and energy systems (I study mech engineering)
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Ncis1999
My bad , the 88% was what I got in the exam. For the overall module I only got 79% :/
This was for thermodynamics and energy systems (I study mech engineering)

If you studied mech engineering, I am not going to bother explaining the above calculations again since it would be borderline patronising.

Your final grade is 53.05 from my calculations, unless there's something else that you neglected to mention. This is still a 2:2.

How did you find the degree? Mechanical engineering is a subject that I am considering getting a degree in so I'm somewhat curious about other people's experiences.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending