The Student Room Group

3 and 4 in english

i got a 3 in gcse english language and a 4 in gcse english literature which is pretty bad considering i got a 7 in my mocks

Can I avoid having to retake english because thats the last thing i want to do?
Even if you can somehow 'get out' of retaking English Language, you shouldn't. It's very important that you have at least a grade 4 - not just for the next couple of years but also your employment prospects in the long term.
Reply 2
Sorry to hear that. It's unlikely that you won't have to retake it though. Technically you haven't passed. Especially if you want to go to university they may stipulate a 5 in English language or something like that.
Original post by tris123456789
i got a 3 in gcse english language and a 4 in gcse english literature which is pretty bad considering i got a 7 in my mocks

Can I avoid having to retake english because thats the last thing i want to do?

You can try getting a remark? But honestly, I think the best thing you can do is resit it - you'll know where to improve next time. :smile:
It is inadvisable to suggest against resitting in cases such as these. English and Maths are the two subjects you absolutely need in everyday life because it is a fundamental requirement to do basic maths and to write a eloquent enough sentence to understand somebody (well, maybe not eloquent but certainly to a minimum standard).

Your grades will reflect this and, sorry to say, your employer will take what your certificate says over your word any day, as will any future colleges/universities.
Depending on how close you were to grade 4, it MAY be worth requesting a remark. If it is too far off, I'm afraid to say a retake is advised in this case.

Quick Reply

Latest