The Student Room Group

Resit gcse

I have failed my maths and English gcse some how but I want to do a resit quickly as possible and I will be going in to college as I didn't get the grades to do 6th form. I was wondering how I could do my resit in November. Is there fees?
How do I apply for a resit?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Niko N
I have failed my maths and English gcse some how but I want to do a resit quickly as possible and I will be going in to college as I didn't get the grades to do 6th form. I was wondering how I could do my resit in November. Is there fees?
How do I apply for a resit?

Ask the college or the exam officer. They should be able to arrange it for free. I have noticed some schools only put you in for June exams though, so best check and if they wont let you sit in November, then ask if you can pay the exam fee and sit there. get them on your side.

If they refuse then resits can be expensive maybe £100- £150 per GCSE.
Reply 2
My first day of college is in September is it too late too apply for a resit in November or shall I call them before first day off college
Reply 3
Original post by Niko N
My first day of college is in September is it too late too apply for a resit in November or shall I call them before first day off college

The deadline for November entries is near the end of September soi it will wait until you get to college.
Reply 4
Do I call aqa through their website and make an entry to go gcse resit
Reply 5
Original post by Niko N
Do I call aqa through their website and make an entry to go gcse resit

Exam boards don't deal directly with candidates. You have to find an exam centre (=any secondary school or college) willing to accept you as a private candidate. The simplest and cheapest option would be where you are at college so ask them first.
Reply 6
Does all colleges let new students that failed Maths and English in August 2018 do they give the students a resit in November as the exam boards already have dates to English and maths exam
girls in my college were allowed to resit their exams in November
Reply 8
When I did my gcse this August my school used aqa exam board what will happen if the college uses different exam boards for resits
Reply 9
They may let you re-sit with whichever board you started with - we do.
Reply 10
As I failed my maths gcse and English what's the beat way to revise to achieve the best grade
Original post by Niko N
When I did my gcse this August my school used aqa exam board what will happen if the college uses different exam boards for resits

They won’t and if they do you should ask them to give you the correct exam board.

Quick Reply

Latest