The Student Room Group

UCAS Personal Statement

In our personal statement, mine being economics, I have watched a video and the person has gone to said to use a 'personal anecdote', and how that person talked about her mother's background and how it has changed that person.

So similarly, I would like to do the same but I have no idea whether or not I should do it due to what the quality of what the personal statements are like for many of the top universities.

I am applying at:

- Cambridge (Land Economy)
-Warwick
-Durham
-Manchester
-LSE

However these are not my firm choices, so if you recommend better universities that have a respected Economics course, I will happily be able to look more into it.

Many thanks,

T
Original post by TurboZX453
In our personal statement, mine being economics, I have watched a video and the person has gone to said to use a 'personal anecdote', and how that person talked about her mother's background and how it has changed that person.

So similarly, I would like to do the same but I have no idea whether or not I should do it due to what the quality of what the personal statements are like for many of the top universities.

I am applying at:

- Cambridge (Land Economy)
-Warwick
-Durham
-Manchester
-LSE

However these are not my firm choices, so if you recommend better universities that have a respected Economics course, I will happily be able to look more into it.

Many thanks,

T

It really isn't necessary to do so and generally if you do the idea is to keep it short, professional and to the point. Focus more on what you have done to develop your academic interests in the subject. The resources in my signature may help you with drafting.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
It really isn't necessary to do so and generally if you do the idea is to keep it short, professional and to the point. Focus more on what you have done to develop your academic interests in the subject. The resources in my signature may help you with drafting.

Sorry what is your 'signature that may help you in drafting' and where can I find it?
Sorry what is your 'signature that may help you in drafting' and where can I find it?

You need to access this thread from a computer and will see links at the bottom of my post.
Reply 4
You need to access this thread from a computer and will see links at the bottom of my post.

Thanks so much, found it! Do you check personal statements and give feedback, and will an economics personal statement help.
Thanks so much, found it! Do you check personal statements and give feedback, and will an economics personal statement help.

Through the service linked in my signature yes. Not sure what you mean by will an economics statement help?
Reply 6
Through the service linked in my signature yes. Not sure what you mean by will an economics statement help?

Yeah sure Ill send it through on the service. By economics statement, I meant will you be able to help me on my economics personal statement or is there a specific subject you tailor to?
Yeah sure Ill send it through on the service. By economics statement, I meant will you be able to help me on my economics personal statement or is there a specific subject you tailor to?

We look at UCAS statements across the board so yes we will be able to look at an economics one.
Reply 8
Thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending