The Student Room Group

Optimistic Medic's Journey To Triumph!!! / YEAR 11 GYG

Optimistic Medic's Journey To Triumph!!!

I'm sorry I know the title of this GYG is horrendous ,it took me a couple of minutes to think of. I'm glad I at least thought of something to be quite honest with you.
Hello as you probably may know my name is OptimisticMedic and I am currently in my second year of KS4 . I will be taking my exams in the summer and I am quite anxious to get them over and done with.
I created this GYG in a couple of minutes after having spent months reading other peoples GYG's. I hope this GYG will help motivate me to do well in my GCSES.

My Subjects : School Targets :Mock Grades : Aspirations

Mathematics: 8 : 8 : 9

Biology : 8 : 5- : 9

Chemistry : 8 : 5+ : 9

Physics : 8 : 4+ : 9

Eng Lit : 8 : 4- : 9

Eng Lang : 8 : N/A : 9

RE : 8 : 6+ : 9

History : 8 : 5- : 9

Classics : 8 : 6- : 9

Computer Science : 8 : 4? : 9

I know these Mock Grades are quite rubbish but I made the mistake of not revising which was entirely my fault.I did get higher in my end of year exams but that does not matter.You guys are probably wondering why my aspirations grades are all 9's.
Keep in mind I'm not expecting to get all grade 9's but if i work hard I do have a chance or I like to think that way at least. Lol I'm laughing at myself. I will still work hard to get as many 9's as i can.

My other achievements:

Spoiler

What I think I am good at:

Spoiler

What I hope to be when I am older:
I hope to be a Doctor I know my mock results are rubbish but I did not revise which was my fault (sorry for the excuses XD).

I will be creating a detailed post EVERY SUNDAY AND WEDNESDAY!!!
I created another GYG yesterday but it said it was going to be moderated, for some reason.
Could a moderator please delete my previous one.
Thank you.
GREETINGS 16/08/18

As you may or may not know I will be posting on this Blog every SUNDAY and WEDNESDAY and today is SUNDAY

This has been quite a typical weekend nothing special has occurred as of now. Just completed writing up my third English essay in about three weeks which averages about one essay a week. I really want to improve my English grades and therefore thinking about writing 1-2 essays a week.
If you have any tips for me so that I can conquer this difficult subject please inform me of it.

Apart from English I had not really done anything else , reason being I have an English exam on FRIDAY and I have two exams being Physics and Mathematics that week after. We barely just came to school. Lol.

Checklist:

.Analyse every Power and conflict poem in the anthology in preparation for Fridays Exam.

.Make a bank of important quotes for each poem.

.Do a practice essay question on the Inspector calls.

.Revise an Inspector calls.

.Start making Flashcards on Physics and make notes on Light P14.

.Start to do some Maths revision need to focus on Finding the equation of graphs , Iteration and brush up on my surds knowledge.

I have a lot to do and not very much time I will be update my checklist on WEDNESDAY and talk about the progress (if any) I made.
(edited 5 years ago)
I need to improve my English too tbh.
Apparently my predicted grade is 8, but I'm getting 5s and 6s
writing essays sound like a good idea i might do it myself

also good luck on your tests :smile::h:
Original post by ASOBSBZAN
I need to improve my English too tbh.
Apparently my predicted grade is 8, but I'm getting 5s and 6s
writing essays sound like a good idea i might do it myself

also good luck on your tests :smile::h:

Thank you !!!
I think I should be revising now , bye.
Original post by OptimisticMedic
Optimistic Medic's Journey To Triumph!!!

I'm sorry I know the title of this GYG is horrendous ,it took me a couple of minutes to think of. I'm glad I at least thought of something to be quite honest with you.
Hello as you probably may know my name is OptimisticMedic and I am currently in my second year of KS4 . I will be taking my exams in the summer and I am quite anxious to get them over and done with.
I created this GYG in a couple of minutes after having spent months reading other peoples GYG's. I hope this GYG will help motivate me to do well in my GCSES.

My Subjects : School Targets :Mock Grades : Aspirations

Mathematics: 8 : 8 : 9

Biology : 8 : 5- : 9

Chemistry : 8 : 5+ : 9

Physics : 8 : 4+ : 9

Eng Lit : 8 : 4- : 9

Eng Lang : 8 : N/A : 9

RE : 8 : 6+ : 9

History : 8 : 5- : 9

Classics : 8 : 6- : 9

Computer Science : 8 : 4? : 9

I know these Mock Grades are quite rubbish but I made the mistake of not revising which was entirely my fault.I did get higher in my end of year exams but that does not matter.You guys are probably wondering why my aspirations grades are all 9's.
Keep in mind I'm not expecting to get all grade 9's but if i work hard I do have a chance or I like to think that way at least. Lol I'm laughing at myself. I will still work hard to get as many 9's as i can.

My other achievements:

Spoiler

What I think I am good at:

Spoiler

What I hope to be when I am older:
I hope to be a Doctor I know my mock results are rubbish but I did not revise which was my fault (sorry for the excuses XD).

I will be creating a detailed post EVERY SUNDAY AND WEDNESDAY!!!

Don't let anything stop you from being who you want to be!
You can do daily updates on your GYG to increase the popularity like mine.
Greetings 23/09/18

I was unable to make any posts due to me revising for the English exam earlier this week and now revising for the Physics ,Maths and History exam which I have next week.
For the English exam we got given two questions one for an Inspector Call's and another for the poetry. Looking back at both my essays I am sure that I flopped the Inspector Call's one but I do have some optimism for the poetry. I hope I do not do bad ,praying for a 6 at the least.

As for the other exams I have not yet started revision for maths based on the fact it is only a 1 paper exam I am gonna brush up on Venn diagrams because I completely forgot how to do it but other than that I do not have time to revise anything else to do with maths as I have a Physics and History exam the day after , two subject which I find quite difficult.

As you guys have noticed from quite a couple of threads I have created , I want to enrol in Grammar School for Sixth Form as I want to be pushed to my limits. Also looking at the number of students that go on to OXBRIDGE and other Russell Group Universities , I am quite drawn in to applying at a Grammar School.

If any of you go to Grammar School, could you tell me whether it is good or not worth it?
How do you do the Sixth Form application process?
Defo following this!
Original post by FloralPrints
Defo following this!

Thank you very much!!!
good luck! :biggrin: I'm in year 11 too :five:
Original post by laurawatt
good luck! :biggrin: I'm in year 11 too :five:

Thanks!!!
Greetings 28/09/18

I am sorry for not posting on the days you thought I would be posting on but as you noticed --- it has been quite a hectic week.
We completed our Mathematics assessment on Monday and got our results today and least to say I've done quite poorly to be frank with you.
I got a 53/80 one of the lower scores I have gotten but what would you expect when you are only given 45 mins to answer a 1 hour and 30 minute paper what makes it especially frustrating is that he is not taking in consideration the time he allocated us when giving us our grades which means I got a GRADE 7, I think, he has not told us yet.

My english assessment was undertaken on the same day as the maths one ,in all honesty , I again think I have done extremely poorly. On the Inspector Calls Section , we got given a question on Gerald Croft and his relationships with other people in the play, yes you are probably confused and I was too.
In the poetry section I done a little bit better but I ran out of time towards the end and I had to rush my final paragraph and my conclusion. It was on Kamikaze and though I revised this poem I still somehow done quite bad but nowhere near as bad as the Inspector Calls one.

Our history test was on Wednesday and it was on America we do the OCR specification. We got told we had to revise the content we learnt in summer term last academic year as that was going to come up on the test but as you probably figured out it didn't the stuff we most recently learnt came up instead came out with a GRADE 6 quite chuffed considering the average was a grade 2/3 apparently.

We done a Physics test today well not a test more like a quiz due to the fact it was only 2 A4 pages folded into two. It was quite easy came out of the exam pretty pleased with myself and questioning myself why on earth I revised for this test.

Im gonna start revising for my mocks which take place in mid November I've been told;hope it is not anything like a repeat of these tests.

I am also gonna plan my computer science coursework in the weekend.
If any if you do OCR computer science does the coursework count towards your final grade , our teacher keeps telling us it might change and we should not be certain.

See you on SUNDAY .
Bye!!!
In computer science the coursework does not count towards the grade. It is 100% exams. They said it will not change. However they did change it last year so there's a small chance that it could count towards it (very unlikely).
Original post by ASOBSBZAN
In computer science the coursework does not count towards the grade. It is 100% exams. They said it will not change. However they did change it last year so there's a small chance that it could count towards it (very unlikely).

Thank you !!!
Greetings 1/10/18

Guys I am unfortunately going to take a little break from TSR as I feel I am spending too much time procrastinating on this website which may unknowingly affect my grades. I will post sporadically so if you want to read my posts and keep up to date, you will need to follow this thead. I feel like this thread is quite uneventful and monotonous compared to the other threads on this website. So if you want to suggest some improvements it will be much appreciated.
Also please follow this thread and give it an odd comment or two it will really motivate me and feel as if im going on some journey with you guys witnessing it.
Anyway enough with the blatant clickbait.
Bye!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending