The Student Room Group

Currently A level biology how many tests you have had and on which topic

I go to a **** college, My biology teacher is very laid back and doesnt care. I need to know how you guys are preparing. PLEASE HELP! I do not want to fail, i do go to a very bad sixth form which is not fault but the colleges are too far away from where i live. PLEASE PLEASE HELP
Honestly, for one of my biology teachers this was the case. What I'd suggest is buying the CGP revision guide for whatever biology specification you're doing and then write out notes (copy everything) from there. I did this using highlighters and everything. Also try to use any of the notes that you've made during class if possible and re-write them. I'd also strongly suggest doing as many past papers you can on a specific topic if you are having a test and copying down the mark scheme. Look at them and attempt to do them, but heavily use the mark scheme as biology is very picky when it comes to wording. In my sixth form, we do end of topic tests and end of chapter tests (but once every 2 chapters completed). I didn't learn anything from that biology teacher's lesson but I still get As/A*s in tests and mock exams because of what I do.
Original post by juicyapples
Honestly, for one of my biology teachers this was the case. What I'd suggest is buying the CGP revision guide for whatever biology specification you're doing and then write out notes (copy everything) from there. I did this using highlighters and everything. Also try to use any of the notes that you've made during class if possible and re-write them. I'd also strongly suggest doing as many past papers you can on a specific topic if you are having a test and copying down the mark scheme. Look at them and attempt to do them, but heavily use the mark scheme as biology is very picky when it comes to wording. In my sixth form, we do end of topic tests and end of chapter tests (but once every 2 chapters completed). I didn't learn anything from that biology teacher's lesson but I still get As/A*s in tests and mock exams because of what I do.

CGP simplify too much. Get the AQA approved oxford A level biology textbook.
Original post by RicoChandarana
CGP simplify too much. Get the AQA approved oxford A level biology textbook.

Well for SNAB biology, the textbook isn't very useful. It has some questions in there but there is a whole bunch of information that isn't really needed so I hardly ever use the textbook personally.

Quick Reply

Latest