The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

goin to my first concert in novemberrrrr going to see Eden at the O2
Reply 2
First big one (i.e. not local, house, or mate's bands) was Ozzfest in 2002.
Reply 3
My first was Download festival. :headbang: Metallica headlined, and they were amazing. Still to this day one of the best live acts I've seen, they really know how to play to an audience.
Reply 4
First one was March this year! Went to see Starset at 02 Institute2
William Control in June 2012. Six years on and I still have the ticket pinned to the board above my desk (despite moving four times since then!). :h:

Reply 6
Original post by sinfonietta
William Control in June 2012. Six years on and I still have the ticket pinned to the board above my desk (despite moving four times since then!). :h:

That's some dedication. You must have really enjoyed it :lol:
Ya'll are lucky, I've never been to a concert.
Hopefully I can go see my fave band in the future though
Reply 8
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Ya'll are lucky, I've never been to a concert.
Hopefully I can go see my fave band in the future though

Really?

Whoa. By 21 I must have been to touching a couple of hundred already.
Original post by gjd800
Really?

Whoa. By 21 I must have been to touching a couple of hundred already.

You're lucky then lol. I just can't afford the money to go. I'm too poor lol
Reply 10
Original post by JoshDarnIt
You're lucky then lol. I just can't afford the money to go. I'm too poor lol

Gah, that's grim.
I saw Taylor Swift the day before my 16th birthday (23rd of June)
Original post by rainclouds-
I saw Taylor Swift the day before my 16th birthday (23rd of June)

I'm jealous 😂
Original post by Missradioactive
I'm jealous 😂

every time I think about it i feel like it was a dream :cry2: and she sang the acoustic version of 15 which was so ironic bc it was the last day of being 15

I never thought my parents would let me go :laugh: radioactive when you're winning physics awards n stuff you'll get to see everyone you love :wink:
I once saw Same Difference and Leon King (X factor contestants) once and I'm 100% counting that as my greatest, first and only concert.
Original post by rainclouds-
every time I think about it i feel like it was a dream :cry2: and she sang the acoustic version of 15 which was so ironic bc it was the last day of being 15

I never thought my parents would let me go :laugh: radioactive when you're winning physics awards n stuff you'll get to see everyone you love :wink:

'Fifteen' is one of my faves by her 😭💚💜💙

What Physics awards ? :confused:
Reply 16
Partynextdoor was my first concert in Brixton at 16yrs old
2005. The Musical Box (Genesis tribute act) at the Liverpool Philharmonic. I remember bits of it, but I know I would appreciate it a lot more today as I am vastly more familiar with all of the music they played.
Taste of Chaos in 2006 or 2007, I think. Bands like Taking Back Sunday, Saosin, Senses Fail etc where playing. It was at Glasgow SECC and I went with my mum. I was about 14 at the time.
My first big one was 2004 Blink 182 at Wembley arena.

Latest