The Student Room Group

BTEC in sixform

is it good to do 3 BTEC course in sixform?
beacuse i didnt do good at gcses and alevel seem bit hard to me.so it is fine to study 3 BTEC in sixform or one in college?
Original post by lee666555
is it good to do 3 BTEC course in sixform?
beacuse i didnt do good at gcses and alevel seem bit hard to me.so it is fine to study 3 BTEC in sixform or one in college?

BTEC is mostly coursework and not exams so you have to work consistently through the course. but you avoid most exams. that might suit you better.
If its the only thing on offer then choose carefully but they are accepted by most unis and for most courses, except for things like Medicine or Engineering without A level maths.

If it gets you onto the course you wnat its much better than failing A levels and BTEC can be a good choice.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-nationals/btec-nationals-2016.html
Reply 2
how about if i do 1 alevel maths and two BTEC course which is applied science and vocational business.
is any university accept mixture like this or not?
how about if i do 1 alevel maths and two BTEC course which is applied science and vocational business.
is any university accept mixture like this or not?

Plenty of universities accept a mixture of A Level and BTECs as long as the BTECs are level 3. It’s just a matter of researching entry requirements when you get to the end of year 12 and start of year 13.
Reply 4
beacuse i am not born in UK this means that in gcse i didnt pass my English.so this means that i will need to retake the English aslo i am not happy about my maths exam(i pass my but not good enough)so i think i need to retake and meet the grade to do a level maths
will this effect me going university if i have to retake both exams?
beacuse i am not born in UK this means that in gcse i didnt pass my English.so this means that i will need to retake the English aslo i am not happy about my maths exam(i pass my but not good enough)so i think i need to retake and meet the grade to do a level maths
will this effect me going university if i have to retake both exams?

I don’t think universities have policies on GCSE retakes but definitely something you can look into by contacting university admissions teams when it comes to applying.
Reply 6
thanks i may just try my best to meet the grade and do a level maths and two BTEC😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending