The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hate it so bad
Reply 2
Sir, kindly stop with the school uniform spam

However, my secondary school had no uniform, sixth form had uniform. Former had fun in freedom and being relaxed, latter taught/got the idea of the world of work in our heads (which schools aren't really that good at, so it was something). So both have their benefits.
Reply 3
I'm only trying to get a view on this issue
i like school uniforms i have no uniform and it's like should i wear this or this it's annoying but school uniform u get tooo wear the same thing every day and it;s wway easier
Think you should probably stop making threads about school uniform
(edited 5 years ago)
When I wore school uniform I like it, I would wear a blazer, tie, white blouse, pleated skirt (sometimes just a plain black lycra skirt depending), during the summer no tights but during winter nude tights, we were allowed to wear knee high black socks throughout the year which was good. For my work now I get to wear very similar which is good and like to be able to do as many places don't like it and don't allow it
Reply 7
Original post by scorpion95
When I wore school uniform I like it, I would wear a blazer, tie, white blouse, pleated skirt (sometimes just a plain black lycra skirt depending), during the summer no tights but during winter nude tights, we were allowed to wear knee high black socks throughout the year which was good. For my work now I get to wear very similar which is good and like to be able to do as many places don't like it and don't allow it

Did not understand the end part of your thread
My kids didn’t wear school uniform in primary school. I didn’t allow it.
I hate school uniforms with a passion.
Reply 9
Original post by Seamus123

Why do you hate them so much? They are smart and pleasant to wear

What did the school have to say about that? (or didnt the school have a uniform?)
loooooveeddddd my high school uniform. felt good wearing it because not many people in my area went to that school

I would constantly get in trouble though for not wearing my blazer :biggrin: miss my friends and our antics
Reply 12
Original post by Secretnerd123
loooooveeddddd my high school uniform. felt good wearing it because not many people in my area went to that school

What was your uniform? Anything like mine??
Original post by Chris522
What was your uniform? Anything like mine??

yeah it was like yours but navy blue blazer, jumper and trousers.

also why do you wear it at home? thats so uncomfortable
Original post by Emma:-)
What did the school have to say about that? (or didnt the school have a uniform?)

They did have a uniform. Secondary I didn’t mind so much. But I decided that it was I who put the clothes on their backs and the shoes on their feet that I would decide what that would be. School weren’t happy about it but there wasn’t a lot they could do about it. They got used to it though. I was also a Governor at all my children’s schools both Primary and Secondary.
Reply 15
Original post by Secretnerd123
yeah it was like yours but navy blue blazer, jumper and trousers.

also why do you wear it at home? thats so uncomfortable

Did u have a tie?? What did u do with it when u left? I wear it at home cause I like wearing it and don't see point in changing. It is just clothes after all. I may take off blazer but that is about it. Also I'd never wear the polo shirt that we can wear think that's horrible
They did have a uniform. Secondary I didn’t mind so much. But I decided that it was I who put the clothes on their backs and the shoes on their feet that I would decide what that would be. School weren’t happy about it but there wasn’t a lot they could do about it. They got used to it though. I was also a Governor at all my children’s schools both Primary and Secondary.

I suppose being a governor helped. I guess there may have been more of an uproar from the school if you werent.
Reply 17

I have to say if my parents did that I would be well annoyed. What is wrong with uniform, also don't you see that by doing that you were making your kids 'different' from other kids. Not good in my view. Plus wearing uniform gives you sense of pride
Original post by Emma:-)
I suppose being a governor helped. I guess there may have been more of an uproar from the school if you werent.

I worked hard for the schools my children attended. But my children were born between 1972 and 1984 and schools weren’t as obsessed then as they are now about such things. Children went to the schools nearest to where they lived, especially in Primary, so everyone knew everyone else in the community and that included teachers.
Original post by Chris522
Did u have a tie?? What did u do with it when u left? I wear it at home cause I like wearing it and don't see point in changing. It is just clothes after all. I may take off blazer but that is about it. Also I'd never wear the polo shirt that we can wear think that's horrible

yep, I did (it would get shorter every year). well we moved houses shortly after and I think my mum threw them away.

what year are you in?

Latest