The Student Room Group

Need help! Applying for 3 courses

I am applying for architecture, product design engineering and sports engineering. Im so stressed over my personal statement. I’m unsure how to structure it or how to make it ‘broad’ with out putting courses off. All of these courses are part of the same department at strathclyde so I’m also unsure if a broad statement possibly based around ‘creative engineering’ would be accepted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by Cammy__
I am applying for architecture, product design engineering and sports engineering. Im so stressed over my personal statement. I’m unsure how to structure it or how to make it ‘broad’ with out putting courses off. All of these courses are part of the same department at strathclyde so I’m also unsure if a broad statement possibly based around ‘creative engineering’ would be accepted?

You cannot write a statement for these three subjects together. You need to pick or see if the unis will accept separate statements.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
You cannot write a statement for these three subjects together. You need to pick or see if the unis will accept separate statements.

Ok, thank u 👍🏻

Original post by Cammy__
Ok, thank u 👍🏻

If you got offers for all three which would you pick for your firm choice? That’s your personal statement subject
I don't know overly much about these course but it sounds like architecture and product design engineering together would be easier to write a personal statement for? Obv you would have to omit the sports engineering course

good luck and i hope you get in to what you want!
i am kind of similar i am applying to sport engineering at NTU and sport tech at borough and Sheffield hallam but i dont have any other options because the other two universities that offer the course in the country ive never heard of.
Original post by student98989
i am kind of similar i am applying to sport engineering at NTU and sport tech at borough and Sheffield hallam but i dont have any other options because the other two universities that offer the course in the country ive never heard of.

You can always apply to universities that you haven’t heard of. You shouldn’t limit your options because you haven’t heard of somewhere at 17.... there is plenty of time to do more research and visit.
Original post by PQ
You can always apply to universities that you haven’t heard of. You shouldn’t limit your options because you haven’t heard of somewhere at 17.... there is plenty of time to do more research and visit.

Thanks good advice kind of puts my mind at ease
Original post by student98989
Thanks good advice kind of puts my mind at ease

Most students barely know any universities before they apply - you get five choices there’s no harm in using a couple for wildcards!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending