The Student Room Group

sfe help

I used up my extra 'gift' year for student loan last year and started a course at another university this year. now I want to transfer to another university but SAME course. would I need to apply through UCAS? Is transferring possible without me having to pay any money out of my own pocket?
back ground info:
-currently doing foundation year and want to transfer into year 1 at a Different uni
-the foundation year is not integrated
-I did not finish my first year completely last year but I withdrew in July so all three tuition fee payments were made
let me know if more info is needed
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Mh83
I used up my extra 'gift' year for student loan last year and started a course at another university this year. now I want to transfer to another university but SAME course. would I need to apply through UCAS? Is transferring possible without me having to pay any money out of my own pocket?
back ground info:
-currently doing foundation year and want to transfer into year 1 at a Different uni
-the foundation year is not integrated
-I did not finish my first year completely last year but I withdrew in July so all three tuition fee payments were made
let me know if more info is needed

Hi there,

How many years have you previously studied with us and is the new course 4 years in total? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

How many years have you previously studied with us and is the new course 4 years in total? Thanks, Jason

So I did one year last year, im doing a foundation year now for pharmacy (total 5 years with foundation yr) and I want to switch to year 1 of pharmacy next year. Total amount I have studied is 2 years including the foundation year I am doing now. The course I want to move into next year is 4 years total
Hi Mh83,

We calculate your future entitlement as follows: Course length + 1 year - previous study = entitlement.

Therefore, if you were to begin a new 4 year course for example and have 2 years of previous study, the calculation would be 4+1-2= 3 years. This means that you will be fully funded for years 2, 3 and 4 of the 4 year course, however for the first year you will need to self fund your tuition fees as you will only receive the Maintenance Loan and supplementary grants if applicable for that year.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Mh83,

We calculate your future entitlement as follows: Course length + 1 year - previous study = entitlement.

Therefore, if you were to begin a new 4 year course for example and have 2 years of previous study, the calculation would be 4+1-2= 3 years. This means that you will be fully funded for years 2, 3 and 4 of the 4 year course, however for the first year you will need to self fund your tuition fees as you will only receive the Maintenance Loan and supplementary grants if applicable for that year.

Thanks, Clare

Thank you. So if I transferred to a different university for next year I would have to still self fund one year?
Hi Mh83,

Yes, that is correct.

The previous study calculation would still be; Course length + 1 year - previous study = entitlement.

If you attend a 4 years course, it would be 4+1-2= 3 years full remaining entitlement

If you attend a 3 year course, it would be 3+1-2=2 years full remaining entitlement

This means that you need to self fund the Tuition Fees in the 1st year of a new course that is either 3 or 4 years in length.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Mh83,

Yes, that is correct.

The previous study calculation would still be; Course length + 1 year - previous study = entitlement.

If you attend a 4 years course, it would be 4+1-2= 3 years full remaining entitlement

If you attend a 3 year course, it would be 3+1-2=2 years full remaining entitlement

This means that you need to self fund the Tuition Fees in the 1st year of a new course that is either 3 or 4 years in length.

Thanks, Clare

Oh okay so there’s no way I could keep the same sfe application where I just change the university I go to online? I’d have to do a completely new sfe application since im changing universities?
Hi Mh83,

That's correct, as you withdrew in July, and it is now in a completely different academic year. You would need to apply for the academic year that you are attending as the new course as it is not considered a transfer if there has been a gap between the 2 courses after the withdrawal.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending