The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
nicely said

Ok lets just agree to disagree, you can carry on not raping people while others can carry on raping, there are no problems.

That's what that logic would apply.
Original post by ploiyt
They are equal in terms of physical suffering. Also mental suffering to an extent.

How would you know? Are you a dog? You have zero justification or rational to infer that humans suffer in an “equal” way to dogs, or any other mammal.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ploiyt
Ok lets just agree to disagree, you can carry on not raping people while others can carry on raping, there are no problems.

those are two different situations quite polar thus comparing them is stupid
u know wat he means dont try to make it a big thing
Original post by ploiyt

But the thing is raping is against the law. Eating meat isn’t so as long as meat is allowed then killing animals for food will always be the norm. Unfortunately meat eating is still popular around the world so it won’t be the case for a looooong time
Reply 104
Original post by RedGiant
How would you know? Are you a dog? You have zero justification or rational to infer that humans suffer in an “equal” way to dogs, or any other mammal.

I think its fair to say these animals suffer physically the same way as a human. If you kick a pig they will scream. And it is clear that mentally suffer to an extent as well. It cannot be said if their mental suffering is equal, less, or greater than humans as we are not any of these species and we simply do not know enough to conclude either way.
Reply 105
those are two different situations quite polar thus comparing them is stupid
u know wat he means dont try to make it a big thing

Yes he's saying that you should respect other peoples choice when going by that logic then non-rapists should respect rapists choices, Non murderers should respect murderers choices. People a few hundred years ago should have respect the slave owners choices. Just a lot of contradicting BS.
Reply 106
Original post by Professional G
But the thing is raping is against the law. Eating meat isn’t so as long as meat is allowed then killing animals for food will always be the norm. Unfortunately meat eating is still popular around the world so it won’t be the case for a looooong time

I know but what is legal and not legal does not equal morality.

Also why are you saying unfortunately? I thought your kind would be happy that it is still popular?
Original post by ploiyt
Yes he's saying that you should respect other peoples choice when going by that logic then non-rapists should respect rapists choices, Non murderers should respect murderers choices. People a few hundred years ago should have respect the slave owners choices. Just a lot of contradicting BS.

but that is not the topic of discussion we are talking about meat eater not rapists
a rapist intends to inflict pain on his victim
whereas meat eater do not they do not wish to inflict pain when eating the animal - besides animals eat animals what have u to say about that they are causing them pain wats the difference ohhhhh maybe its the fact we dont let these animals suffer whilst chasing and tearing them apart
Original post by ploiyt

Also why are you saying unfortunately? I thought your kind would be happy that it is still popular?

I think a lot of religious people see meat eating as something moral. How would you convince them it isn’t especially when it literally says it in their holy books?
Plus this country is based on Christianity so throughout its history, laws have been based on what is considered moral in Christianity.
I prefer organic farming. Lol so you judge people on whether they eat meat or not? Not a good trait for a moral person to have.
(Original post by ploiyt)
I think its fair to say these animals suffer physically the same way as a human. If you kick a pig they will scream. And it is clear that mentally suffer to an extent as well. It cannot be said if their mental suffering is equal, less, or greater than humans as we are not any of these species and we simply do not know enough to conclude either way.

Just because animals "scream", doesn't mean they are suffering in an "equal" way. Screaming mainly evolved as an evolutionary tool, to warn other animals that there is a predator nearby; this isn't evidence whatsoever that they are suffering in an "equal" way to humans. Pigs have a differently evolved reaction system to humans, thus they react differently. And so far you have not provided any actual evidence to support either of your claims; it is not "clear" that they mentally suffer. They mainly lack the higher brain function to predict and act in accordance to the future, which is why they are completely different to humans "mentally". They are not aware that they are going to be slaughtered when they are waiting in a slaughterhouse. The way they learn is very distant to the way humans learn. The reason why humans are higher than any other member in the animal kingdom, is due to the evolution of the advanced brain. Therefore your argument is based on trivial observation.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ploiyt

Exactly my point, you have no meaningful understanding of the concept of suffering. Perceivable sound and visual cues are the only determinants apparently(!).Like I said, an emotional reaction to a situation that vegans do not understand.

Then why are you asserting that humans and animals are equal mentally to an extent and physically?

How do you legislate this anyway? If we were to amend that the right to life of an animal is the same of that of a human, legal action will be even slower than it is now and human murder cases will take slower to close. You can explain to families of victims why you decided that an animal is equal to humans legally. And also there is the human extinction issue.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 111
but that is not the topic of discussion we are talking about meat eater not rapists
a rapist intends to inflict pain on his victim

But if you say you should respect other peoples choices then you have to be logically consistent you have to literally mean EVERY choice. If not then you are just a hypocrite.

Most rapist don't care whether they cause their victim pain or not just like most meat eaters don't care about the pain the animals they are eaten go through. Either that or are ignorant about it.

whereas meat eater do not they do not wish to inflict pain when eating the animal - besides animals eat animals what have u to say about that they are causing them pain wats the difference ohhhhh maybe its the fact we dont let these animals suffer whilst chasing and tearing them apart

Some animals eat animals. However, some animals also rape animals so are you going to say rape is ok just because other animals do it.
[video="youtube;6MWZ8DpihwQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MWZ8DpihwQ[/video]
Original post by ploiyt

That's because lawmaking isn't always moral, and it shouldn't aim to be because it is impossible. You can't expect perfect morality in an imperfect society.
Reply 114
Reply 115
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
[video="youtube;6MWZ8DpihwQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MWZ8DpihwQ[/video]

There's always some clown that thinks he's a comedy genius. I am just surprise it took this long.
Original post by CoolCavy
I dont like things like this, have your opinion but dont try to force it on others, same with any ideology.
I also dont like how thoughtless the whole thing is, what if it was someone's birthday meal or someone had been saving up for ages to go there as a treat or something, dont spoil things for other people

They can’t help it they are mentally deficient lol self arrogant w@nkers that have self superiority complexes and are so thick they don’t realise one thing if meeting eat was so bad why do so many other animals which they love do it? Also why do humans have Canines? To eat meat, if you want to be a veggie or vegan I respect your choice so bloody respect mine if you want to be treated with respect my choice is I love meat a nice steak or full English are among my favourite meals and what’s this veggie Shepard’s pie all about it’s called Shepard’s pie coz it has lamb in it god some people are such dimlows

Insane

Forcing people to stop eating meat never ever works. It's good that they're alienating people
Reply 119

Latest

Trending

Trending