The Student Room Group

Debenhams Christmas sales assistant

I completed my induction yesterday at Debenhams and I’m just wondering if anyone knows if they recruit the Christmas temporary staff after Christmas for permanent ??
Original post by Kaitlinn16x
I completed my induction yesterday at Debenhams and I’m just wondering if anyone knows if they recruit the Christmas temporary staff after Christmas for permanent ??

Hi,

Hopefully there will be someone who has been in this position in the past who can give you more accurate details about Debenhams and their processes but speaking generally, many temporary staff members tend to move into more permanent or full-time positions in the future.

In order for you to be successful in a part time or temporary role, the company need to make sure you have the right training to deal with any situation which might occur this training takes time and money from the company point of view and so it makes sense they are more open to offering permanent positions to those who have already been through this training!

They will also be basing decisions about who to hire in the future on your performance if you impress them during the time you are there, you’re only making yourself more attractive to the employer in the future!

The best advice is to work hard, ensure you show yourself in the best light to the employer while you are there and maybe make it clear you are interested in being considered for permanent work in the future after the temporary contract comes to an end. This will allow the employers to keep an eye on you with a future position in mind and your good work will not go unnoticed!

I hope this helps as a starting point but feel free to give our advisers a shout for free on 0800 100 900 if you have more questions!

Good luck!

Tom.

Really varies on a number of things like whether you want to stay on and whether they have the budget to keep anyone on after, I was luckily enough many years back when I was at Woolworths but they did cut a lot of people after.

As suggested, it really does depend on a few things, but most of the time it is mainly budget.
My advice is express your interest about staying permanently and in the meanwhile, make sure you work hard and exceed expectations in terms of personal and professional performance.
Do a lot of overtime when you can if possible (but also make it manageable for yourself!) and always go the extra mile - not just for your manager, but for the customers as well. :smile:
I've worked as a Christmas Temp before and the above actions was the reasons they decided to offer me a permanent position afterwards. :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending