The Student Room Group

Anyone received an offer for Brighton Photography BA(Hons)?

Hey all! Just want to see how quickly Brighton got back to you with an offer for their Photography BA(Hons) course, and whether you were accepted or rejected? Also what sort of photographer are you? Do you focus more on fine art or more commerical sharp imagery?

I myself didn't get a place but was offered to move onto a different course.
What experiences did you have with Brighton?

Thanks, Zak
Reply 1
Do they hold interviews for photography? i've applied for painting and haven't heard anything back about submitting a portfolio/interview yet but I'm guessing they have a similar admissions process for all the creative subjects. What course did they offer you out of interest?
Reply 2
Original post by Alex621
Do they hold interviews for photography? i've applied for painting and haven't heard anything back about submitting a portfolio/interview yet but I'm guessing they have a similar admissions process for all the creative subjects. What course did they offer you out of interest?

Apparently they do hold interviews on what I presume is a first come first served basis; the other applicants are asked to produce an online portfolio I think. They instead offered me to join other courses like the BA (Hons) Moving image, they didn't get me excited at all so I decided to drop my application with them. On another note I really like your artwork and I'd be really suprised if they didn't offer you a place!
Reply 3
Original post by ZakElley_
Apparently they do hold interviews on what I presume is a first come first served basis; the other applicants are asked to produce an online portfolio I think. They instead offered me to join other courses like the BA (Hons) Moving image, they didn't get me excited at all so I decided to drop my application with them. On another note I really like your artwork and I'd be really suprised if they didn't offer you a place!

Cheers, i applied back in 2015 but withdrew because I decided to study maths instead, but now i'm back haha. Similar thing happened to me with UAL, i applied for fine art and submitted an online portfolio but they never asked for an interview and offered me a different course at a different college which I wasn't interested in. Good luck with the rest of your choices!

Quick Reply

Latest