The Student Room Group

HND to BA hons funding

Hi, My son is in his final year of HND photography and wanted to go on and do BA hons art history. He applied for funding and we fully expected to not get funding for 1st year and received a letter stating that as it is an equivalent qualification it would not be funded. I rang SFE and the advisor then told me that he is not entitled to funding for any of the years. Devastating news, Can someone please confirm that this is correct? Thank you
Original post by Goldiemum
Hi, My son is in his final year of HND photography and wanted to go on and do BA hons art history. He applied for funding and we fully expected to not get funding for 1st year and received a letter stating that as it is an equivalent qualification it would not be funded. I rang SFE and the advisor then told me that he is not entitled to funding for any of the years. Devastating news, Can someone please confirm that this is correct? Thank you

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay - can you please confirm how long your son's HND course was?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Sorry for the delay - can you please confirm how long your son's HND course was?

Thanks, Graeme

Hi Graeme. It was 2 years.
Hi Graeme. It was 2 years.

Thank you, this doesn't sound correct. The response he received normally applies if he already have a degree, when he only has an HND.

It would be best to access his account so we can check this. We'd recommend asking your son to send us a live chat on his account from 9:00am and one of our team will be able to help.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Thank you, this doesn't sound correct. The respond he received normally applies if he already have a degree, when he only has an HND.

It would be best to access his account so we can check this. We'd recommend asking your son to send us a live chat on his account from 9:00am and one of our team will be able to help.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Thank you Graeme. I will get him to do that tomorrow. Thank you for your help.
Thank you Graeme. I will get him to do that tomorrow. Thank you for your help.

You're welcome - if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending