The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Bournemouth or Nottingham Trent

I've recently got unconditional offers from Bournemouth and Nottingham Trent Univerity but I can't decide between them. I applied for Television Production at Bournemouth and Television Production Technology at Nottingham Trent. I really like both courses and places. Anyone who either goes to one the unis or who is currently doing the course care to give me some advice or convince me in a certain way. I need to decide soon to apply for accommodation but I am really torn between the two. The only thing I thought is that Nottingham is a city and full of students while Bournemouth is just a town. However, because Notts is a city and Nottingham Trent is a city campus, would the social life be worse because I've heard in London people tend to do their own things so I wonder if Notts is the same and has less of a community feel compared to Bournemouth as BU is a smaller town but with a bigger campus. Would Bournemouth feel more like a uni cause of this and have more of a community or am I just completely wrong about this? I like both help ahah thanks
Original post by rocque00
I've recently got unconditional offers from Bournemouth and Nottingham Trent Univerity but I can't decide between them. I applied for Television Production at Bournemouth and Television Production Technology at Nottingham Trent. I really like both courses and places. Anyone who either goes to one the unis or who is currently doing the course care to give me some advice or convince me in a certain way. I need to decide soon to apply for accommodation but I am really torn between the two. The only thing I thought is that Nottingham is a city and full of students while Bournemouth is just a town. However, because Notts is a city and Nottingham Trent is a city campus, would the social life be worse because I've heard in London people tend to do their own things so I wonder if Notts is the same and has less of a community feel compared to Bournemouth as BU is a smaller town but with a bigger campus. Would Bournemouth feel more like a uni cause of this and have more of a community or am I just completely wrong about this? I like both help ahah thanks

Pay both universities a visit.

I've moved this thread so it appears in both Nottingham Trent University and Bournemouth University

@Nottingham Trent University / @Bournemouth University are the official reps
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by rocque00

Hey @rocque00

Firstly massive congrats on your offers! :h:
It's so hard to choose when you like both so much! As @Blue_Cow said, you should definitely pay both a visit if you haven't already! You might get a gut feeling for which you prefer if you visit.

I'm from Nottingham and studied here at NTU too. You can definitely feel the student presence in the city because there are two uni's i think that contributes. It's got a different feel to London though as it is a relatively small city, but you can get the best of both worlds in that sense.
There is definitely a community feel, especially with the 'on campus' accommodation which will keep you right in the middle of it all. The SU has loads of amazing activities and events to get involved in too, and you'll be able to create your own unique sort of community based on what you choose to do with your spare time, joining societies etc. if that makes sense! :smile:

Is location a factor at all? It might be worth thinking about things like what the journey home is like if you really can't choose!

I don't know a lot about Bournemouth in comparison so hopefully you'll get some info from someone else on what it's like there :smile:

Is there anything else you'd like to know? Give me a shout if so!

Alice - NTU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending