The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies 2018-19

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I'm new to higher modern studies and I need a topic for my assignment I'm thinking about something to do with social issues but I'm not sure what, any advice?
Original post by Bc2602
I'm new to higher modern studies and I need a topic for my assignment I'm thinking about something to do with social issues but I'm not sure what, any advice?

I recommend doing a really basic topic I think it’s really easy to compare sources and suggest new policies
I’m doing what the government should do to try and increase voter turnout
Has anyone started their assignment yet? What do you do for background and framing?
Original post by Courtj345
Has anyone started their assignment yet? What do you do for background and framing?

Well I don’t know what framing is? But for background its essentially 5 fast s which you need to remember to introduce the topic of you assignment. For example mine is about voter turnout so I’ve spoken about how its low and given statistics, how voter turnout is in other countries, statistics on why its low ect, its essentially just explaining the issue which you are choosing to propose three option for the government to implement
I'm doing mine about Scottish independence but I'm not sure about the structure as it hasn't been well explained to us. Would anyone be able to explain the general structure to me please?
Original post by Lucyy26
I'm doing mine about Scottish independence but I'm not sure about the structure as it hasn't been well explained to us. Would anyone be able to explain the general structure to me please?

I’m also doing Scottish Independence and idek what to write for the background and framing
I’m also doing Scottish Independence and idek what to write for the background and framing

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I have no idea what i'm doing
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows roughly how long the assignment should be?
Reply 88
Original post by gemmab2002
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows roughly how long the assignment should be?

Hi, I was wondering the exact same thing! My assignment is currently just slightly over 3000 words which I thought was a bit too much but my Modern Studies teacher says that it’s fine.
Original post by Piplup7
Hi, I was wondering the exact same thing! My assignment is currently just slightly over 3000 words which I thought was a bit too much but my Modern Studies teacher says that it’s fine.

Hi, I’m only about 2/3 of the way through mine and it’s about 1500 words and I was starting to panic it’s not long enough. I my modern teacher says she cannot comment on how long it should be, I have two teachers so will try to ask the other.
Reply 90
Hi, I've done the write-up. It took me around 1 hour and 20 minutes to write around 2200 words. This gave me around 10 minutes at the end to quickly read it through. I think as long as it is under 3000 words and you are well prepared, you should be fine. If you're still not certain - a couple of nights before the write-up have a trial run and see if you can do it in 1 hour 30 mins.
Hi, thank you feel better about it know I’ve heard from someone who has done it. I ask my other teacher today and she said basically to write as much as you possibly could in the time.
Anyone else doing crime? I’m finding this custodial and non custodial essay difficult
Original post by SQAstudent
Anyone else doing crime? I’m finding this custodial and non custodial essay difficult

I’m doing crime and I find it difficult too it’s hard to understand and write essays on it
I'm really struggling on the assignment, the reasons to support my option make no sense. Everytime I type a paragraph it seems to repeat the same point as last time. Any help would be appreciated it.
Original post by Cpaterson
I'm really struggling on the assignment, the reasons to support my option make no sense. Everytime I type a paragraph it seems to repeat the same point as last time. Any help would be appreciated it.

What is your topic?
My assignment is around 2700 words I’ve handed a phew drafts in but don’t have a clue how many marks my whole assignment would be worth, it’s a lot to remember idk if I’ll manage :frown:
Can someone help me? So I need help with my background and framing for my assignment what should I talk about for Scottish Independence I’ve wrote some stuff but I’m struggling for it cos I don’t get it and my teacher is shite :/
Talk about the result of independance the campaigns leading up to it and other stuff it is quite straightforward
Can someone help me? So I need help with my background and framing for my assignment what should I talk about for Scottish Independence I’ve wrote some stuff but I’m struggling for it cos I don’t get it and my teacher is shite :/

In the same boat as you, not really sure what I'm doing as the teacher hasn't really explained much but I think you need at least 5 background points in the intro. I'm also doing Scottish independence. What are your paragraphs?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending