The Student Room Group

Higher Human Biology 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hz123
Yeah I'm gonna try that tomorrow I emailed scholar and they said where I sit the exam is what counts so the college I'm sitting the exam hasn't subscribed to scholar so they cant give it to me. So fingers cross it works out because scholar is really good.

Hopefully you manage to get it! If not, I found the How to Pass book good for higher human :smile:
Reply 21
Link to Higher human biology textbook (before the course changed).
https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/er/SNHBiologyWebsite/files/2015/01/CfE-Textbook.pdf
Thank me later :smile:
Original post by hz123
If anyone has access to the higher human biology on scholar If you could give me access to it I would be very grateful

i paid for my access over 300 quid
Reply 23
When I end up as a cardiothoracic surgeon one day, you'll have played a part in that. I could never afford that and understand if you wouldn't want to give it, but if you did it would be amazing.
Original post by lana Mcallister

Original post by hz123
When I end up as a cardiothoracic surgeon one day, you'll have played a part in that. I could never afford that and understand if you wouldn't want to give it, but if you did it would be amazing.

If you don't want to pay the fortune for access, the Scholar textbooks seem to contain the same material as online (at least they did for AH)...The Scholar website also says that teachers should be able to provide PDFs of these if that's any help :smile:

How did you get to pay for access? I have a similar problem that as i'm doing my exams externally, the college hasn't subscribed to Scholar so Scholar won't add Business Management to my already current Scholar account. They never mentioned anything about paying for access.
I am doing my higher human biology at damfries galloway, i paid for the course they have provided me with access to scholar x
i got my prelim result last week and lets say i didnt expect to get 58% at all. I have an A in nat 5 so i throught i would get at least B but nahh. I find some parts of the course really hard for example genomics, pregnancy stuff, pressure filtration etc. I really hope to get an A on the exam. Good luck to everyone sitting it!
Reply 28
Original post by Weelouise
How did you get to pay for access? I have a similar problem that as i'm doing my exams externally, the college hasn't subscribed to Scholar so Scholar won't add Business Management to my already current Scholar account. They never mentioned anything about paying for access.

Do you have access to higher human biology
Anyone else struggling to retain everything? I am studying it via distance learning, finding it all really difficult 🤦*♀️
I sruggling with math really as it's not part of the course but they expect you to know, all the info on units I am memorising but graphs, percentages, ratios I am like WT? So far I have completed Units 1 and 2 plus essays. unit 3 and 4 essays to do yet, plus assingment , exam prep and exam itself. LOL, additionally am a FT student doing something else. My exam on 30/04 and my Blood pressure is going x

Hi Lana,

I noticed you are studying through dunfries and galloway too. Can I ask, what essays is it you are referring to? I have never been asked for any essay? Only the end of unit tests?
so far we have completed 2 out of 4 units: they are cell and physiology did regular homework such an extended response question for each topic, as well as 2 end of unit tests. Now we are working on exam essignment which conrtibutes towards final sqa exam (20%) we had to an experiment and nowdoing research on it.We still to complete 3 and 4 units and 2 end of unit tests plus exam practice. I don't like the course as not getting any explannation to anything. Basically the lecturer just check your work, marked it same with end of unit tests. I mentioned that i dont understand many things and have no one to study with. Math is my weakest, then citric acid etc. Looking for private tutor and apparently it cost 30 quid per lesson online. Not happy x
so far we have completed 2 out of 4 units: they are cell and physiology did regular homework such an extended response question for each topic, as well as 2 end of unit tests. Now we are working on exam essignment which conrtibutes towards final sqa exam (20%) we had to an experiment and nowdoing research on it.We still to complete 3 and 4 units and 2 end of unit tests plus exam practice. I don't like the course as not getting any explannation to anything. Basically the lecturer just check your work, marked it same with end of unit tests. I mentioned that i dont understand many things and have no one to study with. Math is my weakest, then citric acid etc. Looking for private tutor and apparently it cost 30 quid per lesson online. Not happy x

Original post by katherine340
i got my prelim result last week and lets say i didnt expect to get 58% at all. I have an A in nat 5 so i throught i would get at least B but nahh. I find some parts of the course really hard for example genomics, pregnancy stuff, pressure filtration etc. I really hope to get an A on the exam. Good luck to everyone sitting it!

what is % to pass ?
ah okay, I got worried there thinking I'd missed something 😂
I am doing the same course, just started payin £35 an hour for a tutor as I am struggling so much and theres very little support, none really! I haven't even carried out the experiment yet, I'm totally clueless as to what I am meant to be doing xx
have u done your assignment yet? experiment and research?

what is % to pass ?

I am not sure if D is a pass but 45% should be a pass.
have u done your assignment yet? experiment and research?

we did our experiment and next week we are starting to officially work on it and write it up
Original post by hz123
Do you have access to higher human biology

Yeah, how come?
I am doing my higher human biology at damfries galloway, i paid for the course they have provided me with access to scholar x

That's where i'm doing my human biology too. I thought you meant you paid Scholar to have access rather than paying for your biology course through a college lol. Are you doing it open learning or actually in the class?
Original post by katherine340
I am not sure if D is a pass but 45% should be a pass.

D is not good news, 45% sounds manageable thank god!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending