The Student Room Group

If GCSE science is required, is that specifically the double award?

Hello, sorry if this seems like a silly question I just don't want to make the wrong decision. I want to go to university for midwifery, most unis say (for an access course) they require maths, english, science. However, my top choice university specifies maths, english and human biology or biology or chemistry. This leaves me questioning whether by 'science' the other universities are specifically speaking about the double/triple award, and wouldn't accept me if I just had biology or human biology. at the same time, i don't want to have to take the double award AND biology or human biology to qualify for my first choice, and the other universities. If I just had human biology as my science gcse, does that qualify for the required 'science'? Is it unnecessary to take the double award which contains biology, as well as biology/human biology? OR does doing the double award qualify AS the biology my top uni is looking for? I'm so lost and probably overthinking this.
@Doonesbury any clarification on this?:redface:
Reply 2
Original post by entertainmyfaith
@Doonesbury any clarification on this?:redface:

I'm pretty certain double science will be fine but let me just tag @Compost too :smile:

@sadieeemay which university is this?
Reply 3
Original post by Doonesbury
I'm pretty certain double science will be fine but let me just tag @Compost too :smile:

@sadieeemay which university is this?

Oxford Brookes
Reply 4
Original post by sadieeemay
Oxford Brookes

Ok, so you're doing AccessHE too? Don't you have any GCSEs? As I said, I'm pretty certain double science will be fine but I'd contact Brookes and ask them to clarify their requirements :smile:
Reply 5
I’m most likely going to do access after I take my GCSE’s, I only have one GCSE at the moment which is English. And thank you, I just emailed them :-)

Quick Reply

Latest